|More about Trimps:|
|Exploration:||Helium Universe • Radon Universe • Maps • Unique maps • Unlocks • Imps • Story • Loot|
|Basic Information:||Trimp (species) • Resources • Structures • Jobs • Upgrades • Equipment • Settings • Combat|
|Long-term Gameplay:||Helium/Radon • Perks • Heirlooms • Formations • Mastery • Achievements • Liquification • Fluffy/Scruffy|
|Gameplay Changes:||Portal • Challenges • Void Maps • Challenge² • Player's Spire • Spire Assault|
|Anomalies:||Broken Planet • Corruption • Spire • Magma • Empowerments of Nature • Obsidian|
|Other Useful Info:||Guides • Calculators • Changelog|
This is a full changelog for Trimps.
- 1 5.5.1 - 5/17/21
- 2 5.5.0 - 5/14/21
- 3 5.4.6 - 4/3/21
- 4 5.4.5 - 2/1/21
- 5 5.4.4 - 12/11/20
- 6 5.4.3 - 12/6/20
- 7 5.4.2 - 10/16/20
- 8 5.4.1 - 9/23/20
- 9 5.4.0 - 9/5/20
- 10 5.3.9 - 6/12/20
- 11 5.3.8 - 5/11/20
- 12 5.3.7 - 4/12/20
- 13 5.3.6 - 3/25/20
- 14 5.3.5 - 3/16/20
- 15 5.3.4 - 2/26/20
- 16 5.3.3 - 2/24/20
- 17 5.3.2 - 2/24/20
- 18 5.3.1 - 2/20/20
- 19 5.3.0 - 2/19/20
- 20 5.2.4 - 1/13/20
- 21 5.2.3 - 12.27/19
- 22 5.2.2 - 12/19/19
- 23 5.2.1 - 11/21/19
- 24 5.2.0 - 11/20/19
- 25 5.1.3 - 10/24/19
- 26 5.1.2 - 10/23/19
- 27 5.1.1 - 8/29/19
- 28 5.1.0 - 8/19/19
- 29 5.0.5 - 8/10/19
- 30 5.0.4 - 8/8/19
- 31 5.0.3 - 8/7/19
- 32 5.0.2 - 8/6/19
- 33 5.0.1 - 8/5/19
- 34 5.0.0 - 8/4/19
- 35 4.11.3 - 5/11/19
- 36 4.11.2 - 4/19/19
- 37 Hotfix - 3/30/19
- 38 Hotfix - 3/25/19
- 39 4.11.1 - 3/23/19
- 40 4.11.0 - 3/20/19
- 41 4.10.5 - 2/26/19
- 42 4.10.4 - 2/4/19
- 43 4.10.3 - 1/14/19
- 44 4.10.2 - 12/18/18
- 45 4.10.1 - 12/10/18
- 46 4.10.0 - 12/9/18
- 47 4.914 - 11/11/18
- 48 4.913 - 10/19/18
- 49 4.912 - 9/28/18
- 50 4.911 - 9/17/18
- 51 4.91 - 9/9/18
- 52 4.902 - 9/6/18
- 53 4.901 - 9/5/18
- 54 4.9 - 9/4/18
- 55 4.814 - 7/22/18
- 56 4.813 - 7/14/18
- 57 4.812 - 7/2/18
- 58 4.811 - 6/29/18
- 59 4.81 - 6/21/18
- 60 4.804 - 6/17/18
- 61 4.803 - 6/14/18
- 62 4.802 - 6/12/18
- 63 4.801 - 6/6/18
- 64 4.8 - 6/5/18
- 65 4.72 - 3/25/18
- 66 4.71 - 3/1/18
- 67 4.7 - 2/24/18
- 68 4.611 - 1/5/18
- 69 4.61 - 12/16/17
- 70 4.603 - 12/06/17
- 71 4.602 - 12/02/17
- 72 4.601 - 11/30/17
- 73 4.6 - 11/29/17
- 74 4.512 - 11/3/17
- 75 4.511 - 10/22/17
- 76 4.51 - 10/20/17
- 77 4.5 - 9/25/17
- 78 4.41 - 8/17/17
- 79 4.4 - 6/22/17
- 80 4.32 - 5/25/17
- 81 4.31 - 4/17/17
- 82 4.3 - 4/12/17
- 83 4.21 - 2/27/17
- 84 4.2 - 2/25/17
- 85 4.1 - 1/14/17
- 86 4.01 - 12/16/16
- 87 4.0 - 11/20/16
- 88 3.811 - 10/22/16
- 89 3.81 - 10/20/16
- 90 3.8 - 9/26/16
- 91 3.71 - 8/28/16
- 92 3.7 - 8/11/16
- 93 3.6 - 7/24/16
- 94 3.51 - 7/9/16
- 95 3.5 - 6/23/16
- 96 3.4 - 6/9/16
- 97 3.3 - 5/27/16
- 98 3.231 - 5/10/16
- 99 3.23 - 5/8/16
- 100 3.22 - 4/20/16
- 101 3.21 - 4/7/16
- 102 3.2 - 4/3/16
- 103 3.11 - 3/25/16
- 104 3.1 - 3/20/16
- 105 3.0 - 3/6/16
- 106 2.9 - 2/21/16
- 107 2.82 - 2/7/16
- 108 2.811 - 1/28/16
- 109 2.81 - 1/24/16
- 110 2.8 - 1/10/16
- 111 2.751 - 1/4/16
- 112 2.75 - 12/30/15
- 113 2.74 - 12/17/15
- 114 2.721 - 12/3/15
- 115 2.72 - 11/28/15
- 116 2.71 - 11/23/15
- 117 2.701 - 11/20/15
- 118 2.7 - 11/18/15
- 119 2.601 - 11/6/15
- 120 2.6 - 11/4/15
- 121 2.51 - 10/30/15
- 122 2.5 - 10/21/15
- 123 2.401 - 10/12/15
- 124 2.4 - 10/7/15
- 125 2.32 - 10/1/15
- 126 2.31 - 9/26/15
- 127 2.3 - 9/23/15
- 128 2.213 - 9/14/15
- 129 2.212 - 9/12/15
- 130 2.211 - 9/12/15
- 131 2.21 - 9/11/15
- 132 2.2 - 9/9/15
- 133 2.111 - 9/3/15
- 134 2.11 - 9/2/15
- 135 2.1 - 8/25/15
- 136 2.01 - 8/23/15
- 137 2.0 "Broken Planet" - 8/22/15
- 138 1.1 - 8/15/15
- 139 1.096 - 8/13/15
- 140 1.095 - 8/12/15
- 141 1.094 - The Next Day But Still Technically 8/10/15
- 142 1.093 - 8/10/15
- 143 1.092 - 8/9/15
- 144 1.091 - 8/7/15
- 145 1.09 - 8/6/15
- 146 1.081 - 8/4/15
- 147 1.08 - 8/1/15
- 148 1.07 - 7/25/15
- 149 1.06 - 7/22/15
- 150 1.05 - 7/21/15
- 151 1.04 - 7/18/15
- 152 1.03 - 7/16/15
- 153 1.02 - 7/14/15
- 154 1.01 - 7/13/15
- 155 1.0 - 7/12/15
- 156 0.06 - 5/30/15
- 157 0.05 - 5/28/15
- 158 0.04 - 5/22/15
- 159 0.03 - 5/20/15
- 160 0.02 - 5/15/15
5.5.1 - 5/17/21
- Added "i" as a hotkey to open Spire Assault, and added a Help/FAQ entry for it.
- Added a Help/FAQ SA entry explaining how to progress the Kill counter
- Added a Help/FAQ SA entry explaining how to reset the Session Score
- Fixed an issue where the AutoJob balancing on Miner/Scientist unlock wasn't respecting the set max for that job
- Fixed an issue where the SA item description bar would disappear when renaming a preset
- Removed the hover effect/pointer when mousing over the health bars in SA
- Reworded the description of Huffstle to clarify that you need a score of 100-0 rather than 100 wins in a row
- Fixed an issue where the Scientist Challenge was starting with the incorrect amount of Science
- Fixed an issue that existed prior to 5.5.0 where U2 Perk import strings were checking against U1 perks when deciding if a respec needed to be used
5.5.0 - 5/14/21
- Holidays are now automated! The Pumpkimp Event now automatically turns on from Oct 1 through Nov 5, the Presimpt Event runs from Dec 15 through Jan 15, and the Eggs Event runs for all of April
- The Curious Perk now grants +80 base Fluffy XP per level, up from +60
- Towers in the Personal Spire are now capped to 10 each. Once you have 10 of each Tower, you'll gain the option to "Seal" your Spire for an extra bonus.
- Added 2 new Frost Trap upgrades and 2 new Poison Trap upgrades to the Player Spire
- Bionic Wonderlands can no longer be created more than 100 Zones past your Obsidian level
- The Daily Challenge Reflect modifier no longer reflects Overkill damage, and the damage dealt in U2 no longer skips your Shield.
- Challenge2 bonus is now capped at 60K%
Content (Universe 2)
- Added a new minigame-style feature to Universe 2, unlocked at Z75.
- Added a new repeatable Radon Challenge at Z155
- Added a new Mayhem-like challenge at Z150
- The Mayhem Challenge completion bonus now also applies to Helium in U1
- Added 15 new Achievements
- Achievement percentage above 50k now grants 1 GU every 10k%
- Added a bonus to Scruffy L16
- Changed some story messages between Z60-100, and added new story messages through Z160
- The Archaeology Challenge has moved from Z95 to Z90
- The second time you complete Archaeology will now unlock a string based Custom AutoGold option
- Added the ability to run Melting Point from Map at Zone, and added 1 new Map Preset for U2 to put it in.
- The U2 Explode Daily Mod now hits your Shield
- Equality Reversing now has its own slider, and now works based on current attack count against the enemy rather than waiting for something to die. This potentially allows multiple stacks of Equality to be reversed on the same enemy.
- Scruffy L14 now grants 1300% damage, up from 1225%
- The Bublé Challenge now grants +500% Rn (up from +300%) on completion, and +200% Rn (up from +100%) on fail.
- The Exterminate Achievement now requires that you reach 100 Swarm Stacks by Z120, then complete the Challenge.
- Map at Zone 'Exit At Zone' renamed to 'Start Zone', and a new field has been added for 'End Zone'. End Zone defaults to 999 but can be changed to cause a setting to stop repeating at a given Zone. Settings that exit at the same cell will not conflict if one ends before the other starts.
- Added an option for 'Repeat X Times' to the Map at Zone repeat dropdown
- Reunited a lost closing paranthesis with his family in the resource breakdown for Gatherer (Scruffy/Fluffy)
- If AutoJobs is enabled and enough workspaces are available, AutoJobs will now fill Miners and Scientists to their proper ratio amount as soon as they're unlocked.
- Added the Storm and Berserk Challenge descriptions to their C3 descriptions
- You can now see a brief description of the effects of each Map Biome in the Map Biome Dropdown tooltip
- Scruffy L15 (+10% Nu spend mult) now works in U1 as well
- Improved the alignment of Achievement category bottom corners in the Achievements UI
- Fixed a Universe 2 bug where the "Base" in the Loot Breakdown was compensating for nonexistent MegaBooks
- The Portal Error message now fits better without overlapping text
- Fixed an issue where you could remove too many points of Carpentry on the Downsize Challenge, potentially bricking your run
- Respeccing out of Frenzy now properly clears the Frenzy stack icon
- Fixed an issue where the damage display would still show red crits as base once purple crits were at or above 100% chance
- Fixed an issue where the Equality popup would get messed up if pressing the hotkey while another tooltip was active
5.4.6 - 4/3/21
- Strange eggs have started appearing in some Zones, click them and see what's inside! This event will last for the rest of April.
5.4.5 - 2/1/21
- Presimpts and Snow have melted away until next year
5.4.4 - 12/11/20
- Added a new repeatable Challenge to U2 Z130, and a new Perk that can be unlocked from the new Challenge.
5.4.3 - 12/6/20
- Note: A new U2 Challenge and Perk are in the works and currently being tested on our Discord server. However they need a few more days of testing/balance and I really wanted to switch to snow! Expect another patch in the next few days.
- Pumpkimps have gone in to hiding until next year
- Snow and Presimpts have returned to the World for the rest of the year!
- Added 5 placeholder levels to Scruffy that only grant bonus damage.
- You can now pat your pets!
- Centered the Equality Scaling popup over the left side of the screen rather than the entire screen, so that the battle pane is fully visible.
5.4.2 - 10/16/20
- Pumpkimps have made their return to Trimps for the next few weeks! Find a Pumpkimp Patch in Zones, or lone Pumpkimps in maps for a chance at some treats!
5.4.1 - 9/23/20
- Fixed an issue that was causing U2 Improbability stats to inflate as if Corruption was present in U2
- Fixed an issue that could cause Mayhem bosses to not gain any extra health or attack in certain situations
- Fixed a spot on Golden Radon that said Helium
5.4.0 - 9/5/20
Content (Universe 2 spoilers!)
- Added a brand new Heirloom tier at Z100, with a new unique mechanic!
- Scruffy no longer requires prestiges, and can instead level past 10. A large DPS bonus is granted every few levels to make up for the prestige bonus, and anyone who prestiged prior to this patch should notice more damage from Scruffy than before.
- Added new level nouses for Scruffy, and reworked/changed some of the old ones
- Increased the exponential bonus to Scruffy exp per zone cleared (about 4x exp at Z100)
- Overkill in U2 has been reworked. Rather than continuing the trend of disabling it on most challenges, the Overkill perk has been transformed into a different one that still works off of Overkill damage but doesn't deflate run times as badly. Overkill will make a reappearance in U2 once the Zones get higher.
- Updated the run times for some U2 speedrun achievements to compensate for the lack of Overkill. If you previously finished these achievements, you won't have to do them again. The difficulty should be about the same as before.
- Added a new Challenge with a C3 at Z105, rewarding a brand new permenant building on first completion.
- Added a new repeatable Radon Challenge at Z110
- Added a new Challenge with a C3 at Z115, rewarding a brand new Perk on first completion.
- Added a new one-time Challenge at Z120 that unlocks another new permenant building on first completion.
- Trimple of Doom has gotten a thematic upgrade in U2
- Added a new Achievement tier, worth 1200%
- Added 4 new U2 Feats, one for each new Challenge
- Added 5 new U2 Zone Progress Achieves, and 2 new Achieves each for Mapless Drifter, Shielded, and Radon
- Added Speedrun achievements for the new Trimple of Doom replacement
- Starting Mayhem stacks for each Zone are now equal to 1000 minus 5 for each highest level cleared above Z100. (If you've cleared Z105, each Zone starts with 975 stacks)
- Mayhem is now capped to 25 runs, and no longer grants a bonus afterwards. Next patch (5.5.0) will include a new scaling Challenge like Mayhem but different.
- Implemented CRIT tier 5!
- Quest3 now issues the first Quest and starts scaling enemy health at your highest Quest3 Zone minus 80, but never less than 6.
- Plaguebringer is now disabled during Wither
- Increased the completion reward of the Quagmire challenge from +150% to +250%
- There are now a few guaranteed fast enemies inside all U2 maps. The amount of guaranteed fast enemies goes up slightly in maps that are above World level.
- The first hour of Tenacity now grants 100 seconds of credit for each minute on the zone. The second hour grants 20 seconds of credit for each minute spent on the zone. The overall bonus is the same, but the first hour scales it up to what used to be 100 minutes, and the second hour adds only 20 minutes. In addition, 50% of the time on your last Zone carries over to the next Zone..
- AutoGolden now unlocks at 77 Golden Upgrade purchases, down from 300
- Obsidian can no longer be pushed past Z810 in U1 due to some concerns about numbers going infinite. The next major patch is going to heavily re-address the U1 post-Obsidian issue.
- Added 2 more map presets!
- Added a visual effect to U1 Z60
- Added a new setting to hide completed achievements
- Added a new setting to prevent the game from saving when pausing
- All perk level maxes are now stated on the perk tooltips, and the amount spent on the perk has been dropped down a line for easier reading.
- Added a Sort button to the Temporary Heirlooms window, which sorts all Temporary Heirlooms by rarity then by type.
- Added hotkeys E and T for the Equality confifguration[sic] and Portal screens respectively
- Time on current map/zone now also shows seconds
- Added an easy access button for Equality between the Mastery and Spire tabs, which will display permanently in U2 after Equality is unlocked.
- Updated the appearance of all range input sliders in the game
- Disabling Heirloom Animations now disables all glowy effects inside the Heirlooms window, rather than only disabling Plagued's spin
- Enemy buffs/debuffs now start in a static location to prevent bouncing around as much due to different lengths of enemy names
- Added Zone number to the start of Story messages
- Updated Fluffy/Scruffy's MegaCrit bonus description to show the newer crit tiers
Bug Fixes (U1 and U2)
- The Herbalist Mastery should no longer cause damage achievements to be rewarded prematurely
- Fixed an issue where unique maps could sometimes display the wrong color, indicating they didn't have a unique upgrade when they did.
- The Real Estate achievement line now properly shows "Row Finished!" like the other achievements when the row is finished.
- Removed rounding from part of the Helium/Radon calculation. This causes Radon/Helium amounts to be slighly different from before at low zones, but fixes issues where the breakdown didn't match the Helium/Radon received
- Fixed an issue where you would get a setting alert with no new settings after completing Z59 for the first time in U1
- Fixed an issue where the Portal screen wouldn't show the next Challenge unlock Zone until you've finished all Scientist Challenges
- Bionic Wonderland rewards now properly unlock their UI elements after completing the appropriate Bionic Wonderland tier, rather than needing a refresh first.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Mayhem stacks to go negative
- Fixed a typo in the first robotrimp popup
- Fixed an issue where stacks when Equality scaling is disabled would display as -1 when set to Max
- A message about Corruption no longer pops up in U2
- Fixed an issue where the Spire I popup was being blocked by setting Map at Zone to Z200 C1
- Fixed an issue where AutoStructure was buying Gigastations when they were more expensive that hte mazimum cost setting
5.3.9 - 6/12/20
Universe 2 UI/QOL
- Greatly improved the functionality of Equality scaling! Added a checkbox (enabled by default) to allow Equality Reversing, which will decrease Equality scaling count if your Trimps die in more hits than your current scaling slider setting. In addition, added a second slider to manually set Equality stacks (from 0 to purchased perk level) for use whenever scaling is disabled!
5.3.8 - 5/11/20
- The eggs have gone away until next year!
- To avoid confusion between Map at Spire and Map at Zone, using Map at Zone to exit at cell 1 on a Spire no longer counts as a death. Any other cell than 1 does still count.
5.3.7 - 4/12/20
- Pastel colored eggs have invaded the Trimps' Universe! Click them if you see them for a bonus! These will only last a few weeks before they disappear.
5.3.6 - 3/25/20
- If "Run Map" is not checked on Black Bog or Void Maps in the Map at Zone UI, you will now still be pulled to the map chamber even if you don't have any Void Maps or are not running Quagmire.
- Fixed an issue where using Exit at Cell 100 on the Mayhem challenge was causing the final boss to have infinite max health
- Map at Zone killing Trimps no properly counts as a death in the Spire
5.3.5 - 3/16/20
- Map at Zone will no longer pull you into Map Chamber if set to run Voids while you have none, or if set to run Black Bog while not on Quagmire.
- The 6 and W hotkeys for Enlightened Wind now properly work prior to Z30
- Fixed an issue where Prismatic Shield wasn't properly updating on the first cell after entering or leaving a map with the Safe Mapping Mastery active
- Fixed an issue where AutoGold could sometimes display as Undefined on the first run in U2
- Map at Cell now allows up to 100 instead of 99
- Fixed an issue where the Map at Zone settings window could override and cause issues with other tooltips if pressing Z while a different tooltip is open.
- Restored the original U1 unlock text for Houses, it somehow got set to a duplicate of Hut's
- Randimp's loot message no longer thanks Feyimp
- The Map at Zone button in the Extra Map Buttons window no longer disappears after saving/reloading while running a map
5.3.4 - 2/26/20
- Fixed a spot where Randimps where[sic] still referred to as Magimps
- Fixed an issue that was causing Climb BW to not work unless it was set up with Map at Zone
5.3.3 - 2/24/20
- Map at Zone will now automatically recycle all maps below your current Zone number minus 3 if you own more than 50 maps when it tries to create a new one.
5.3.2 - 2/24/20
- Fixed an issue where Large Research Cache was showing up in the Map Special Modifier tooltip before it was actually accessable[sic].
- Fixed an issue where the Map Special Modifier tooltip was a smaller width than itended in U2, causing some of it to be off-screen.
- Mayhem Completions no longer incorrectly displays under the Prismatic Shield breakdown
- The new Achievement Tracker no longer blocks the Message Log scrollbar from clicks
- The bonus from Herbalist can no longer go negative
- Renamed Magimp (The Enemy and the Mastery) to Randimp to to prevent confusion with Magnimp, and gave the Mastery a new icon more appropriate for the new name.
5.3.1 - 2/20/20
- Fixed an issue that could cause the final enemy of a world cell to not be the proper boss enemy
- The bonus from Herbalist is now displayed properly in the Trimp damage breakdown
- Fixed an issue where Expert Gen was rewarding too much Mi
- Fixed an issue where the Mi rewarded by Expert Gen wasn't displaying on the Generator window
- Mayhem stacks can no longer go negative
- Fixed an issue where the Mayhem stack tooltip was slightly off
- Mayhem's completion message now states the proper number
- Escape now also closes the Bone Trader window
- Boss atttack[sic] now properly increases based on stacks while on the Mayhem Challenge
5.3.0 - 2/19/20
- Double Build, Foremany, AutoStructure, and AutoJobs have been removed as Masteries. These 4 QOL upgrades are now available from Bionic Wonderland: Foremany at 125, AutoJobs at 140, AutoStructure at 155, and Double Build at 185. Geneticistassist is still from a 170 BW map, but now requires completion of the map. These 5 upgrades will cause the BW map to appear yellow in the map chamber if the upgrade has not been earned yet. If you have already completed these tiers of BW before upgrading to 5.3.0, you will automatically have credit for them.
- Safe Mapping Mastery has been moved from T6 to T3
- The Quick Gen Mastery has ben renamed to Expert Gen and does more stuff!
- Added 4 new Masteries to take the place of the leaving ones
- Added 1 free Mastery respec if you had less than 3 when loading to this patch.
- Auspicious Presence I - III have been moved from Z75, Z150, and 225 to 50, 100, 150. Complete a Void Map above these Zones to earn a new AutoThing!
- Increased the end-of-run Helium bonus for completing Nom Challenge in U1 by +100% (+450% total)
- Increased the end-of-run Helium bonus for completing the Toxicity Challenge in U1 to +200% (+400% total)
- Added a new repeatable Radon Challenge at U2 Z95. Completing this Challenge for the first time also unlocks a new type of map modifier!
- Added a second new U2 Challenge! This one doesn't unlock a new Perk or grant any extra Radon. Instead it grants permenant stackable bonuses for U1 and U2, and grows in difficulty after each completion!
- Increased the Prismatic Shield bonus while on the Bublé Challenge from +100% to +250%.
- Once you have 20 or more points of the Prismal perk in U2, you'll gain the ability to automatically pick up the unique upgrade from Prismatic Palace when completing Z20.
- Universe 2 Challenge3s now unlock at Z50, down from Z65.
- The Black Bog Map on the Quagmire Challenge can no longer sparn Exotic Imp-orts
- You can now click on an Achievement in the Achievements screen in order to track it! Tracked Achievements will display at the top of the message log to make it easy to keep an eye on your progress or see when you fail.
- Achievement progress indicator (yellow/red color) has been added for Speedrun achievements, and U2 specific achievements now properly show as red in U1.
- The windows for Portal, View Perks, Achievements, Heirlooms, and Stats can now all be closed with the escape hotkey.
Map at Zone now includes the ability to adda specific cell per setting to map at. You can now save multiple settings per Zone, as long as the Cells are different.
- Map at Zone now allows 6 settings per preset, up from 5t
- Map at Zone can now be accessed with hotkey Z
- Map at Zone now has the ability to run a mag 25, 50, or 100 times.
- Added the ability to have Map at Zone presets repeat every 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 30 Zones.
- Added the ability to temporarily disable specific Map at Zone setting without deleting them
- AutoJobs, AutoEquip, and AutoStructure now allow 50% and 99% thresholds
- AutoGold now seperately stores your last U1 and U2 settings
- Loot averages are now calculated for Science. Timers for things costing Science will now take into account drops from Imp-orts and caches.
- Added the Extra Map Btns setting toggle to the Configure Maps window for easy access
- Swapped the order of the "Convert Wind to Poison and "Convert Wind to Ice" buttons
- Added a line of text to the selected Heirloom window to remind players that the Heirloom's name and icon can be changed
- Added some text to Golden Void indicating that it has a cap of 72%
- Added some text to the Trapper challenge explaining that housing does not come prefilled during the Challenge
- Geneticistassist previously indicated that the maximum allowed time was 60 seconds, and is enforced.
- The tooltip for a Void Map no longer says Helium in U2
- Fixed an issue where the Exhausted stacks on Quagmire were sometimes showing the Map tooltip in World and World tooltip in Maps.
5.2.4 - 1/13/20
- Trimpmas Snow and Presimpts have melted away until next year!
- Fixed an issue in U2 that was causing Void Maps generated before and after Z60 to have different stats. Now all pre-60 Void Maps are buffed (Lott and Difficulty) at Z60.
5.2.3 - 12.27/19
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Obsidian start zone to calculate incorrectly when reaching Z100 in U2.
- The compounding bonus from Greed is now capped to 1250 Tributes.
Screen Reader Version
- Made the AutoJobs Configuration Button and Mastery screens accessible
5.2.2 - 12/19/19
- Merry Trimpmas! Trimpmas Snow and Presimpts are now enabled for the next few weeks. Steal some extra resources and even some Bones from the evil Presimpts that are now infesting the world. Enjoy the serenity of the Trimpmas Snow visual effect in the zones! (Unless you don't enjoy it, then you can disable it with the temporary "Show Snow" option!)
5.2.1 - 11/21/19
- Radiating Heirlooms now properly reward extra Nu when earned on a Daily Challenge
- Fixed a display error showing the wrong mod upgrade cost on Heirlooms earned during a Daily Challenge
- Fixed an issue that could cause extra Heirlooms to be rewarded at the start of U2
- Extra tokens rewarded from Daily Challenges no longer count towards Bone Portal
- Heirlooms purchased with Bones on Dailies no longer grant extra Nu
5.2.0 - 11/20/19
- Daily Challenges now increase Heirloom recycle value, Nature Token and Dark Essence gains based on the Helium modifier of the Daily Challenge.
- Map at Zone now supports the ability to run Void Maps.
- Added a brand new repeatable Radon U2 Challenge, unlocked at Z70.
- The Melt Challenge in U2 now rewards 400% additional Radon, up from 200%.
- Added a new perk to U2
- The "Quest" Challenge in U2 no longer rewards extra Radon. Instead, it now unlocks the new Perk and only needs to be completed once (aside from Challenge3 runs).
5.1.3 - 10/24/19
- Fixed an issue that was stopping looted resources from scaling 25% per zone above Z60 in Universe 2. This will result in more resources above in U2.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Geneticistassist not to purchase Geneticists during Time Warp if Time Warp started before Z70.
- Time Warp no longer overwrites your Map at Zone setting when completing.
- Time warp no longer leaves the Repeat, Repeat Until, or Exit To buttons in an incorrect visual state after completing.
- Reworded the "Level Up" feat in Universe 2 to "Complete 80/80 quests on Quest and fixed a bug allowing this Achievement to be easier to complete than intended on a Challenge3.
- Capped the purchase of building to 1e10 at a time. Numbers higher than this were causing some weird behavior with Traps being added to the building queue.
- Fixed an issue that could unintentionally cause the game to be viewable and controllable during Time Warp by scrolling down on some mobile browsers.
5.1.2 - 10/23/19
- Pumpkimps have returned to the Trimp Universe! You'll have a small chance to find Giant Pumpkimp patches in the World, and small Pumpkimps in maps. All Pumpkimps can give extra resources, and World Pumpkimps have the ability to grant Sugar Rush, boosting your Trimps' attack by 2x for a few minutes. Sugar rush can only trigger above Z200 in U1, and above Z60 in U2. Pumpkimps will hang out for about 3 weeks before they begin to rot and will need to be removed! Make sure you enable "Events" under the "Loot" message configuration to see what the Pumpkimps are giving you.
- Enabled the Pumpkimp setting under "General Settings", allowing you to set the display of large Pumpkimp Patches to either hidden or bordered only.
5.1.1 - 8/29/19
- Health now properly updates when swapping Heirlooms with different health values, no longer instantly killing you Trimps
- Fixed an issue that could cause Helium/Hour acheivements to be rewarded at the wrong time during Time Warp
- Anticipation stacks now properly calculate based on Time Warp time during Time Warp
- Fixed the displayed cell during Time Warp being off by 1
5.1.0 - 8/19/19
- Added improved Offline Progress! Known in game as "Time Warp", allows up to 24 hours of your offline time to be made up tick-for-tick when you come back to the game. Time Warp even allows you to run up to 3 maps on demand, one for each 8 hours offline! If you previously had Offline Progress enabled, your new setting will be set automatically to "Hybrid Offline" - granting Trustworthy Trimps for all time over 24 hours offline, and Time Warp for up to 24 hours.
- Added a new setting to the map settings window after you've reached Z125 for the first time, allowing you to climb Bionic Wonderlands automatically
- Improved Map at Zone to actually let you Map at Zone. You can still have this feature just pull you to the map chamber at specific zones if you want, but you can also now have it create a map for you using a predefined map preset, repeat, exit, and repeat until settings. This is not an additional unlock, everyone who already had Map at Zone will gain access to its new powers! This new feature also allows automatic raiding of Bionic Wonderlands in combination with the new BW climbing option.
- When attempting to save a perk configuration with less Carpentry than before in the middle of a run, the game will now automatically fire Farmers, Lumberjacks, and Miners if possible instead of saying you don't have enough workspaces to afford this perk setup.
- Portalling from one Universe to a different one now saves your last equipped Heirlooms in the old Universe. Next time you go back to that Universe, those Heirlooms will be automatically equipped.
- When viewing an Heirloom's mods, the mods now show up with an exclamation point instead of a bullet if you can afford another upgrade to that mod.
- After selecting an Heirloom, you can now click on its icon to change that icon to a different one. Also this is a reminder that you could always change the Heirloom's name by clicking the name!
- Added a close button to the bottom of the achievements screen
- Added a stack indicator for Equality stacks if Equality Scaling is active in U2
- Shield and Staff Heirlooms now also show how much Nu is available to spend
- Magmite no longer decays when portaling from Universe 2
- It's no longer possible to purchase more than 5 levels of Microchip. If you previously purchased more than 5, the Portal color and text should now be back to normal.
- 5.0.5 actually only made Wither stacks properly disappear if you abandoned the Challenge, now they also disappear when completing the Challenge.
- Overkill damage on the Revenge Challenge no longer takes from Trimp Health before Shield
- The Challenge2/3 bonus that will be added now shows properly in the Portal alert when going from one Universe to a different one with a Challenge2/3 enabled
- Closed a lonely bold tag in the Spire Story after clearing Spire I for the first time
- Spire 2+ story messages from rows 4 and 9 now properly display when running a C2
- The U2 specific unlock message for House now properly shows the U2 version
- Fixed the tooltip on Obsidian enemies before U2 is unlocked to no longer mention the Radon Universe, but point the player towards Fluffy
- The message config hover for Radon in U2 now properly says Radon
- Fixed some incorrect information in the C3 descriptions. They previously implied that they would only increase the C2 Helium/Radon modifier by 1/10th of the actual C3 multplier, but this is not the case. The C2 score is multiplied by 1 + (C3 score / 100), and the Helium/Radon modifier is 1/10th of this product
- The Trimp stacks tooltip on the Wither challenge are now properly called "Hardened" instead of "Hardness"
5.0.5 - 8/10/19
- Smithy, Golden Battle, and Wither Challenge stacks now all increase the Health of your currently fighting group of Trimps when they're first earned
- Wither stacks now properly disappear at the end of the Challenge
- Gamma Burst now properly adds to Plaguebringer damage
- Gamma Burst stacks no longer transfer between maps and world
- The word "Helium" no longer appears in the warning message when you can't afford an imported perk setup in U2
- Added a button tag to the MagnetoShriek button, and a title that will say "Activate" or "Deactivate" according to current setting. When clicked, an announcement will indicate that MagnetoShriek has been activated or deactivated.
- Added a button tag and title to the map settings configuration button to make it easier to find
5.0.4 - 8/8/19
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong Daily Challenge to activate when switching between Universes.
- Fluffy no longer sometimes stacks Void Maps in U2
- Trumps now saves properly in the U1 Perk Preset again
- Updated Liquification 3's description in U2
5.0.3 - 8/7/19
- Fixed an issue causing your last U1 Portal to overwrite your last U2 Portal, which was resulting in lower U2 Void Map drops than intended on the next U2 run.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Perk Presets from saving properly when looking at a different Universe in the Portal than the one you are currently in
- The Bone Trader in U1 no longer offers an extra 5% chance on U2 Heirloom drop rates
5.0.2 - 8/6/19
- Added stats for total Rn earned, and best Rn/hour all time
- Updated the file name structure for downloading your save as file from the export menu after U2 has been started
- U2 Map At Zone info is no longer lost after a refresh
- Bublé now treats the Challenge as abandoned if you Portal before completing it, rewarding +100% extra Rn instead of nothing.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Trimp health after maps to be higher or lower than it should have been
- Fixed an issue causing achievements to not display on the screen reader version
5.0.1 - 8/5/19
- The "Downsize" Challenge now completes after finishing the "Prismatic Palace" Unique Map
- Fixed a visual bug where Prismatic Shield wasn't disappearing when it reached 0
- "Helium" in the message config in U2 now says Radon
- Flufffocus and Flufffinity got their third F back
- Tauntimp no longer rewards housing based on non-downsized housing numbers during the Downsize Challenge
5.0.0 - 8/4/19
- This patch introduces a brand new Universe to Trimps, "The Radon Universe". This Universe unlocks once Fluffy in Universe 1 (The Helium Universe) reaches Evolution 8, Level 10. This should be expected for most people around Zone 700. If your Fluffy is still a ways off, don't worry because this patch also greatly increases Fluffy experience gain, and you should be there before you know it!
- Helium is gone in The Radon Universe. Instead, you gain Radon and use it for Perks. Helium perks do not apply to The Radon Universe at all, and your first run in The Radon Universe will be perkless. The game now supports two entirely different sets of perks!
- You can transfer back and forth between The Helium and Radon Universes whenever you want. Earn brand new Heirlooms, Achievements, and Challenge3s to help you out back in the Helium Universe!
- The Zones at and above Z701 in The Helium Universe have solidified into Obsidian. This is a hard wall at Z701 that can not be progressed past. However, the starting Zone of the Obsidian can be pushed back by making progress in The Radon Universe. Challenge2 Zones above Z701 (requiring Obsidian to be pushed back) are now worth 5x as much bonus value. If your Highest Zone reached is already above Z701, your scores for everything will still be saved, but will not grant any extra bonus until the Obsidian wall is pushed back.
- There are 11 new Challenges and 59 new Achievements in The Radon Universe!
- Includes a brand new story, with story messages currently up to Z100.
- Fluffy can't come with you to The Radon Universe, but you get to meet Fluffy's old friend and level him up in Universe 2 instead.
- The Perk "Classy" now reduces the Zone where Fluffy can earn Exp by 3, up from 2 (this is a buff). Classy also now caps at 75, up from 50.
- The Perk "Curious" is now twice as strong
- Heirlooms have received a makeover! Nullifium is no longer a currency that is spent, and instead is one that determines how powerful your Heirlooms can be. You can use half of your total Nu to upgrade any Staff or Shield. This means that you can upgrade a bunch of different Shields for different situations with no penalty, and swap them around whenever you want. For every 2 Nu you earn, you can spend 1 on ALL of your shields, and 1 on ALL of your staves.
- Condensed Turkimp Tamer I and II into 1 Tier 1 Mastery.
- Replaced Turkimp Tamer II (T2) with "Heirnuum" - You can spend an extra 10% of your Nullifium on your Heirlooms, bringing the total to 60%. (You can now spend 60% of your total Nu on your Staff AND Shield, allowing you to utilize 120% of your total earned Nu)
- Condensed Turkimp Tamer III and IV into 1 Tier 4 Mastery (Now called Turkimp Tamer II)
- Replaced Turkimp Tamer IV (T6) with "Heirnuum II" - You can spend another 10% of your Nu on your Heirlooms, bringing the total to 70%.
- Condensed Natural Diplomacy I and II into 1 Tier 7 Mastery.
- Replaced Natural Diplomacy I (T6) with "Safe Mapping" - Your Trimps gain +100% health in maps.
- You gain +1 free Respec when updating to this version (if you had less than 3), but all changed masteries have been converted to the new one of equal tier so you don't have to rebuy all of them.
- Completing Spire 6 now rewards you with enough Dark Essence to finish your entire Mastery collection.
- Improved the UI of the AutoStructure and AutoEquip tooltips. AutoEquip can now be set to only buy equipment from the highest currently owned prestige tier.
- Modified the Achievement UI to make it easier to read without relying on color
- You can now enter the Wind Formation immediately after purchasing Wind Enlightenment, if you want.
- Added a minimum height of one upgrade row to the "buy upgrades" area to help with things bouncing around
- Fixed an issue where the Size challenge was giving a larger boost to gathering than indicated or intended.
4.11.3 - 5/11/19
- Eggs have left the universe until next year!
- Buy Max when buying buildings, with resourceful, in large quantities now actually buys the max you can afford, rather than like 2 or 3 less.
- Logarithmic notation base now properly saves and is remembered on refresh
- Saving and reloading no longer reduces Empowerment of Nature stacks as if a transfer had occurred.
Screen Reader Version
- Golden upgrades and equipment prestige levels no longer use roman numerals, and instead just say the number
- Improved the map creation screen! All buttons should now have proper labels, added an H4 to the map fragment cost to make navigating around there easier, made the increment and decrement map level buttons actual buttons that get picked up with B, added auto-read text for map level and map sliders when changed, and tried to make sure everything else has a proper label, including the sliders themselves.
4.11.2 - 4/19/19
- Eggs are here! For the next 2ish weeks, if you see a colorful Egg in the world, give it a click for some free stuff!
- AutoJobs and AutoEquipment no longer look at how much time has passed when deciding whether or not to buy more stuff, and instead look at how many game loops have occurred. This should fix some problems where people were failing Spires with Trimps in a background tab, as multiple minutes of game progress get calculated in a few seconds when tabbing back in, which was blocking AutoEquip due to it waiting 2 seconds after purchasing a prestige upgrade.
Screen Reader Version
- Made the Perk screen more friendly to use with a screen reader
Hotfix - 3/30/19
- Core mods properly show "Equipped" in the mod breakdown screen when equipped
- The Wind formation tooltip now shows all extra information that the Scryer tooltip shows
- Reworded the estimated DE drop line on the Scryer and Wind formation tooltips
Hotfix - 3/25/19
- Token count no longer displays on the Empowerments of Nature tooltip when running Eradicated
- The Mesmer Mastery no longer incorrectly shows increased rewards on the challenge selection screen for the excluded challenges
4.11.1 - 3/23/19
- The "Last Portal Zone" that the bonuses from Void Specialization I and II are based on no longer resets if you Portal below Z100 without having run any Void Maps.
- The Scryer Formation tooltip now shows how much Dark Essence a normal enemy is worth at that Zone
- The main Nature tooltip (the one that displays when hovering over the Nature tab) now shows how many Tokens you'll earn from the next Empowered enemy
- Added text about Ice Overkill to all relevant Ice tooltips
- Changed the Strength in Health II description to show information about current run only
- Fixed a few typos in the new Nature story text
- Fixed some number formatting on Lightning Traps
- The Wind Empowerment description now shows the proper stack maximum during Wind Enlightenments
- Poison Damage can no longer spawn on Common Cores
4.11.0 - 3/20/19
- The Empowerments of Nature system has been expanded. There are now story messages about Nature!
- Once you reach level 50 with an Empowerment of Nature, you will now unlock Enlightenments for that Nature type. These are once-per-portal bonuses that last your whole run and grant special bonuses!
- Reaching level 50 with Empowerment of Ice now grants +1 Overkill cell on Ice zones. Reaching level 100 grants +2 Overkill cells!
- Spirestones no longer drop from Spires. Instead, a brand new type of Heirloom drops, called a "Core". Cores can be recycled for the same amount of Spirestones that were previously rewarded from clearing Spires, but you can also collect them, upgrade them, use them to make your own Spire more powerful, and give them names!
- Rebalanced the drop rates of all Heirloom rarities up to Z300. You're now much more likely to find higher rarity Heirlooms in the early and midgame!
- Common and Uncommon heirlooms now have the same numerical values for mods as Rare heirlooms
- Rare Heirlooms now have 3 mod slots instead of 2
- Common and Uncommon heirlooms can no longer spawn with an empty slot
- Increased the chance for higher rarity Heirlooms to drop at Z600, and again at Z700
- Added a 10th tier of Masteries
- Added a new AutoThing from an Auspicious Presence, earnable by running a 350+ Void Map
- Fluffy now has a 10th Evolution reward
- Added 2 achievements to Spire IV Speedruns, and 5 achievements for Spire V Speedruns
- Added a new crit tier
- You now earn 1 free additional slot to carry an Heirloom back through the Portal after clearing Spires I, II, and III
- The Nature UI has been totally redone, and the buttons no longer look like a creeper from Minecraft
- Added Logarithmic Notation
- Added a statistic for total Spire Cores
- Pressing enter now confirms the "Exit Spire" tooltip, and pressing escape cancels it.
- When 1 level away from maximum Fluffy Prestige with the Fluffinity Mastery, the Fluffy UI no longer incorrectly states that the final bonus is inactive
- Fixed an issue that could cause Gymystic to give out the wrong amount of block
- Fixed a pluralization error in the Zone progress tooltip when on a Spire
- A new page is now live at trimps.github.io/ScreenReader, which has some major changes to the game layout to make Trimps easier to access with a screen reader for the visually impaired. This is a fairly early beta version with a lot of work still to be done, but I hope to eventually have the entire game be easily accessible with a screen reader!
4.10.5 - 2/26/19
- AutoStructure no longer purchases GigaStations if they are unchecked
- Weapons First AutoPrestige should no longer fail to buy metal armor upgrades (this happened when Supershield was currently affordable but cost more than 5% of your wood)
- The achievement "Unessenceted" should now always properly be rewarded if the conditions are met while the achievement progress tracker is still yellow
- The part of the Scrying Formation tooltip that shows you how many enemies are holding Dark Essence no longer shows up 1 zone before Dark Essence does
- Importing a perk string with 0 levels in all perks no longer leaves you with a rounding error worth of spent Helium
- Fixed an inconsistency with map/enemy seed
- Fixed a small bug in the Personal Spire that was hurting performance in some situations
4.10.4 - 2/4/19
- The achievement "Consolation Prize" is now rewarded automatically once Fluffy reaches level 1. This achievement was previously unachievable if you managed to not complete it by the time you leveled up Fluffy.
- Clicking "Delete Save" no longer prematurely clears your Spire before you confirm the tooltip
4.10.3 - 1/14/19
- Presimpts and snow have melted away until next year
4.10.2 - 12/18/18
- Trimpmas Snow and Presimpts are back for a limited time! Earn some extra resources and even the occasional free bone from your new friends! Toggle on "Events" under "Loot" in the message config to see all loot from Presimpts, otherwise you'll just see when you get extra bones.
- Added a temporary setting to toggle off the Trimpmas Snow if it's not your thing
- The Spire Tab is now red if the Trimp Spire is paused, making it easier to tell from inside the normal game that the Trimp Spire is paused.
- The info tooltips in the Trimp Spire (Runestones, Rs/S, Threat, etc) now update in real time
- Setting a perk level to 0 now properly makes sure that there's no small rounding errors worth of Helium stuck in there that could disrupt low Helium achievements.
- It's no longer possible to break your game by hitting 'Recycle All', starting a map that would be recycled before confirming the recycle popup, then confirming the recycling once you're in the map.
4.10.1 - 12/10/18
- You can now open/close the Spire popup with 'P', or just close it with Escape
- The new info added to the Fluffy tooltip now shows how many more runs to your current zone would be required to level, rather than how many times you'd need to clear that particular zone.
- Added confirmation tooltips to Spire upgrades
- Fixed an issue that could cause Spire rows to fall to only 4 cells each if the browser wasn't at default zoom
4.10.0 - 12/9/18
- You can now build your own Spire after defeating your first Spire in the World. Build Traps and Towers in your personal Spire to generate Runestones for more Traps and Towers, steal Spirestones from World Spires to grow your Spire taller, and use Towers to earn some modifiers for your Trimps!
- Added 12 new Feat achievements!
- Golden Void now caps at 72%. AutoGold Void has been split into two different options: Voidtle - Void until 72% then Battle for all remaining upgrades, or Voidlium - Void until 72% then Helium for all remaining upgrades.
- AutoGold now starts with a 4 second cooldown instead of 30 after a Portal.
- Added a new repeatable Helium Challenge at Z215!
- Added a new Challenge², unlocked once you reach a total Challenge² bonus of 4500% or more. It's kinda similar to Obliterated, but different and harder.
- Added two new Fluffy Evolutions
- The chance of encountering Plagued and Bogged Daily Challenges (the two modifiers that deal a percentage of Trimp Health as damage) has been reduced, to the point where one or the other should only show up about once per week on average.
- AutoStructure can now buy Gigastations!
- Total Void Maps are now tracked in Stats
- Made the capitalization of 'Bad Guy' throughout the game more consistent
- The AutoJobs configuration window now has an option to set "Gather on Portal", allowing you to automatically start manually gathering Food, Wood, Metal, or Science after each Portal.
- The zone info tooltip when inside a Void Map now also shows how many stacked Void Maps you have (if you have any stacked Void Maps)
- Added an internal priority list to AutoStructure, to give more priority to Nurseries and make sure Tributes are purchased before other buildings that need gems
- When using Weapons First AutoPrestige, if there are no Weapon prestiges available, the cheapest Armor prestige will now only be purchased if its cost is 5% or less of your total resources.
- Your scroll position in the buy tabs now save and restore if you switch to another tabs back and forth
- Mastery, Nature, and Spire all have their own row of tabs now! This gives me more room for future buttons, and makes sure the current ones fit on all screen sizes.
- The "Extra Levels" Advanced Map creation option now highlights items in its dropdown based on affordability. If an option is green, it means you can afford it with perfect sliders. If an option is gold, it means you can afford it with some combination of sliders other than max and perfect. You can also see this description by hovering over the "Extra Zones" heading to see the tooltip.
- Improved the performance of AutoTrap
- The Void Map count no longer shows on the map button if you save and refresh in the Map Chamber
- Fixed an issue that could cause the scroll bar to constantly bounce in and out on the buildings tab
- Fixed an issue that could cause AutoStructure to purchase buildings 1 at a time if you had Deca Build
4.914 - 11/11/18
- Pumpkimps have run out of treats, and have headed back to their own dimensions until next year.
4.913 - 10/19/18
- The Pumpkimp Patch is here! For a limited time, you'll have a chance to find a Pumpkimp Zone while progressing through the world, where you'll find a large amount of Pumpkimps. Earn extra resources, an attack buff, and even possibly some Exp for Fluffy by defeating as many Pumpkimps as you can!
4.912 - 9/28/18
- Dark Essence is now only rounded down after all other calculations are applied. This allows Dark Essence to gradually grow from Z180 for people with high DE multipliers, rather than being stuck at 1 for the first few Zones.
- Offline progress now properly applies modifiers from the Decay challenge
- Updated the Mapology² challenge description to indicate that double prestige from Scientist IV does not apply during the challenge
- Fixed an issue that was causing the "Dedicated" Daily Challenge modifier to display the wrong "per second" value in the resource boxes
- Replaced instances in the game where "World" is used to indicate the current Zone Number with "Zone". Also changed all instaces of "zone" to title case. Any time "World" is mentioned in text, it is meant to refer to the entire World, including all the Zones that make it up.
- Story text after Spire IV no longer indicates that there are no other Spires
- Very slightly reduced the font size of the "X Dark Essence" text at the top of the Mastery window, to prevent it from occasionally breaking to two lines.
4.911 - 9/17/18
- AutoJobs is now auto disabled at the beginning of any Trapper challenge
- The "Block Big Popups" setting now properly works on The Spire
- The Scrying Formation's Essence Detector is no longer off by one cell
- Speedrun achievements are no longer awarded if Portal Time is negative (can happen if your computer's CMOS battery is dead, or from intentionally setting the clock backwards)
4.91 - 9/9/18
- The Scryer Formation tooltip now tells you how many enemies that are remaining in the current world will drop essence!
- Bionic Magnet II now also increases attack by 50% in maps that are a higher level than your current World number
- The Helium loot breakdown now properly vertically centers itself to avoid falling off the screen
- Moved the quotation marks to a more appropriate location in the in-run Challenge² description
- Fixed some strangeness in the order of messages after completing The Spire for the first time.
- The Void Map count no longer shows up on buttons it shouldn't show up on after a refresh
- The Nerfeder achievement now properly states that no respec can be used
4.902 - 9/6/18
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to earn the new hidden feat if Golden Maps was active
- Fluffy's ability that gives stacked Void Maps now properly states that it gives two pairs instead of just one
- Fixed a display bug that would tell you in some occasions that you could afford more full Mastery rows than you actually could
4.901 - 9/5/18
- Map zone offsets no longer default to -3 if you have Siphonology. Instead, they default to your world number, and you can save any presets to -3 if you want!
- Starting a Scientist Challenge now disables AutoPrestige
- Fixed some strange behavior if you pressed the up/down arrow while the Map Level input box was selected. In addition, clicking out of the Map Level input box with an invalid zone number will now auto correct to the closest valid zone number.
4.9 - 9/4/18
- Reworked the Mastery system. Instead of having set breakpoints for total masteries purchased to unlock the next tier, the system now works like a pyramid. You now unlock any tier by purchasing two masteries from the tier below, and you cannot buy a mastery from a tier unless you have more masteries in the tier below (or finish the tier for unrestricted access to the next one). This was done to guarantee that the last few masteries purchased are always from the highest tier, and should present some new and interesting opportunities for mastery strategy! If you feel confused, just read the tooltip for any locked Mastery, and the bottom of the tooltip will tell you what you need to do to unlock it!
- Also added 14 new masteries! Added a 6th mastery to every tier (one new mastery each for T1-T8), and added a brand new and super powerful 9th tier.
- Due to the large amount of changes to masteries, everyone has been given a free respec!
- To help ease the transition to this new Mastery system, everyone also gets 3 free optional Mastery Respecs! Once these 3 Respecs are used, they will go back to costing 20 Bones each.
- Added 6 new Feat Achievements, and one new achievement for Spire II speedruns!
- Each completed Spire now grants a compounding 4x Dark Essence boost!
- Buffed the Supervision Generator upgrade again! It now also grants you the ability to set certain zones to automatically switch the DG to a different state.
- Made the Fluffy-Void-Map-Clearing-Ability into a more expandable mechanic. It now actually stacks the Void Maps together in your inventory, and certain things can now improve it beyond just 2 per stack!
- Added two new evolution levels and rewards to Fluffy
- Added story and a new perk to Spire V
- Added a Buy Max button to the Perk assignment window! It's now easier than ever to dump all of your Helium into something or halve the levels of something else!
- Saving a map preset now also saves your Zone offset
- You can now hold Ctrl (Command on Mac) on the Mastery window in order to purchase a whole row of Masteries. Will be useful for anyone frequently respeccing their Masteries.
- Unequipping an Heirloom now places it in Carried rather than Temporary. If there is no more room in Carried, a popup will warn you and give you the option to buy another carried slot, if available and affordable.
- Updated the checkboxes in the AutoStructure config menu, Geneticistassist popup, Map Chamber, and message config windows to something less pixelated.
- Updated the Fluffy tooltip to make it more readable, and to make room for more abilities.
- Made the loot breakdown button more colorful, and gave it a mouseover color to make it more obvious that it's something you can click.
- Added a message to warn the player when the game is paused
- Removed the Siphonology Map Level setting. Since map zone offset is now saved in presets, this setting is no longer needed. On loading 4.9, the default zone for each preset will be set to your Siphonology level, and you can change and save it from there if you choose!
- If you try to portal and get a notice that you have enough Magmite to buy a Generator upgrade, you now have an option to spend that Magmite without leaving the Portal window or losing your perk changes.
- AutoStructure now remembers if it was enabled or disabled after you respec Masteries
- Fight can no longer be triggered before Battle is unlocked
- Fixed some weirdness on the Amalgamator tooltip if you had a buy amount larger than 1 or toggled firing mode
- Fixed an issue that could cause the size of certain tooltips to get messed up if a different tooltip was open at zones with big popups (planet breaker, etc) while using the setting to block them.
- Loot averaging no longer displays extremely tiny values
- The Map At Zone setting button in the maps side bar now properly updates its zone number label after triggering
- Equipping/unequipping a Shield with Trimp Attack now instantly raises/lowers Trimp damage, rather than waiting for current fighting group to die.
- The Heirloom popup no longer says "Equipped" on it if you're in the Heirloom menu looking at an equipped Heirloom when a new one drops
- Shrunk the bosses name during Spire III+ Coordinate runs, so all buffs/debuffs can fit on the screen.
- Fixed a difference in rounding between the displayed resource per second value and the one in the calculated breakdown when at low numbers
- The Portal timer in the bottom right now properly updates after loading if the game is paused
- Hyperspeed II now properly requires Hyperspeed I
- Fixed some issues that resulted from pausing/unpausing rapidly
- The Fluffy reward that adds MegaCrit no longer says "Mega Crit", and the calculations shown update based on other things that add MegaCrit.
- Adding an Heirloom mod to an Empty slot now says "Add Mod" instead of "Replace" on the confirmation tooltip
4.814 - 7/22/18
- Replaced the old method of loot averaging with a new one based on exponentially weighted moving average. Since this method is less jumpy, Jestimp is once again included in average loot calculations. Huge thanks to ponkan_pinoy and Grimy on Discord for putting this together!
- AutoPrestige can now run if AutoUpgrade is off
- Added a "Download as File" button to the export menu, which will allow you to save a .txt file of your game progress directly to your computer.
- Clarified the reward text for the Scientist III challenge
- The displayed breed timer now rounds up, to be more consistent with how breeding actually works
- When running a unique map is necessary to complete the current challenge, it is shown in green rather than red
- Slightly changed the wording of the Anticipation tooltip when you have an Amalgamator
- When Trimps get a crit and then die on the same turn, the "Crit!" message now briefly appears
- Most of these bug fixes were done by Grimy. Thanks Grimy!
- Fixed the link to the Trimps subreddit on the crash popup
- Purchasing Golden Maps now properly updates the displayed value of loot on maps in the Map Chamber
- UberHousing upgrades now properly come prefilled with Trimps if you have the AutoStructure upgrade
- Fixed an issue with rounding on heirloom mods
- Finding an Amalgamator no longer fails the Unemployment feat
- Tauntimp text during the Trapper challenge now properly includes Carpentry
- The Anticipation tooltip now properly says "1 second" instead of seconds
- Maps and fragments no longer refade in after completing the Prison
4.813 - 7/14/18
- Changed the display of Daily Challenge modifiers in the damage/health breakdown to show as percentages instead of multipliers, to be more consistent with other additive effects.
- Fixed a display issue that would mess up the boss name when exiting Spires II+ while fighting the boss
- Fixed a display error on the message for Magma Fuel harvesting when at the fuel cap without Overclocker
- Fixed an issue that could prevent loading if the last time you played was during the 2016 Trimpmas event
4.812 - 7/2/18
- Toned down the blur on Plagued Heirloom text a bit
- Fixed a long-standing bug that could sometimes cause Trimp attack to go into the negatives
- Heliumy was giving more Helium than advertised, and has stopped doing that
4.811 - 6/29/18
- The Trimp and Bad Guy title/buff areas should no longer sometimes have scroll bars in them
- Made some of the Fluffy specific story messages still trigger if you have a point in Capable, even if you left Spire 2 early.
- Fixed some issues with pluralizations in the Tauntimp death text
- The Amalgamator tooltip no longer says anything about gems
- Fixed a small rounding error in the block breakdown
4.81 - 6/21/18
- Plagued Heirlooms now drop with one guaranteed "Empty" slot, and have a chance to roll a second.
- Finding a Plagued Heirloom while the Heirlooms UI is open now properly maintains the rotation of Heirlooms in the "Temporary" area
- Fixed a bug that could cause a battle with an uninitialized enemy when spamming the 'F' key after a portal
- It's no longer possible for enemies to have 201 stacks when using Map at Zone/Spire on the Lead challenge
- Liquimps on the Lead challenge now properly remove 1 stack for each enemy on the zone
- The Helium loot breakdown in a Void Map no longer shows the Z60 bonus at Z59
4.804 - 6/17/18
- Added some more information to the Amalgamator tooltip, showing exact required max population for current army size.
- Liquified Nature zones now properly reward tokens
- Formations can no longer be changed while the game is paused.
- The Zone Timer, Map Timer, and the post-Amalgamator Anticipation timer now properly keep time while in a background tab.
- The feat "Needs Block" is earnable again
- Minutes shown on tooltips such as the Zone and Map Timers are now rounded down to be more consistent with how timer based mechanics work. For example, the Zone Timer was showing 5 minutes on the zone at 4:31, but a bonus that activates at 5 minutes was still 29 seconds from activating.
4.803 - 6/14/18
- Heliumy can no longer be purchased on a Challenge² run, and Quick Trimps can no longer be purchased during Trapper.
- Abandoning an Obliterated run no longer sometimes starts you on a different challenge
- Fixed an issue that could give maps a larger size than intended with the Map Reducer talent and a non-maxed slider
4.802 - 6/12/18
- Changed the display order of some stats to group similar stats together, and to keep stats in the same position when switching between current and total.
- Reversed the order of the ratio and changed some of the description of the Amalgamator tooltip to be less confusing
- Added a setting to disable Heirloom animations
- Removed the red border around the 'View Perks' button after buying a Bone Portal
- The 12 and 36 hour boost, Bone Portal, and Heirloom buttons in the Bone Trader now grey out if you can't afford them.
- Tier 2 Perk levels are now formatted according to your notation setting
- Minor text fixes and some improvements to breakdowns
- Tauntimps, DG ticks, and other sources of housing + Trimps no longer reward too many Trimps during the size challenge.
- Fixed an issue that could cause tooltips to get stuck with smaller-than-normal text until refresh, but did a better job than last time.
- Number formatting now displays small numbers as exponential notation, rather than misleadingly rounding to 0.00
4.801 - 6/6/18
- Fixed the display of the boss name in Spires II+
- Fixed a display rounding error in the Fluffy Exp breakdown
- Anticipation stacks no longer count up while paused when you have an Amalgamator
- Fixed an issue that could cause tooltips to get stuck with smaller-than-normal text until refresh
- The Z283 story message shows your proper number of Trimps again
- If you had any Dark Essence left above the cap (all 40 masteries purchased) from pre 4.8, it should now be gone. 4.8 should have made it impossible to stack more essence above the cap, so it should stay at 0 now.
- Fixed an error with displayed resources per second when on the Dedication Daily Challenge
4.8 - 6/5/18
Stuff for everyone!
- Added support for crit chance above 100%. Above 100%, you'll have a chance to see CRIT!s pop up that deal 5x the damage of a normal Crit!. Above 200%, you'll have a chance to see CRIT!!s, which compound another 5x on top of the orange version.
- Added two new Daily Challenge modifiers, one that adds Trimp crit chance, and one that subtracts it. Negative crit chance gives your Trimps a chance to do a Weak! hit for 20% damage.
- Some Daily Challenge modifiers are now incompatible with other Daily modifiers. The new +crit chance mod won't pair with -crit chance, +resources will no longer pair with -resources, and modifiers that cause quick Trimp deaths will no longer show up with modifiers that affect long-living Trimps.
- Slightly increased the minimum reward on Daily Challenges
- Added two new single-run purchases to the Bone Trader! For 25 bones, you can gain +50% Trimp Attack, and for 100 bones you can gain +25% Helium. These both last until next portal.
- Added 14 new achievements! 6 are Feats (one is hidden), and 8 fill into other existing categories such as Humane Run and Spire Speedruns.
Stuff for really high zones (300+)!
- Added a new Heirloom tier, which can be earned starting at Z500. It's different than the other heirlooms.
- Mysterious new Trimps can now automatically join your town if you have considerably more population than army size. These mysterious Trimps will help bring your army size up, and while they will positively impact your health and damage, they mostly prevent some weird bugs with breeding that some very high level players were starting to see. Breeding/anticipation/gene health should all be considerably easier to maintain.
- Buffed the AutoStructure mastery. It now causes all housing (except DG, see below) and battle territory bonuses to come with ready-to-fight Trimps inside. This is another change to make late-game breeding/geneticists less of a headache.
- Added a sixth permanent generator upgrade, which causes your Trimps to be cloned into the new dimensions that open up. With these 3 changes, you should be able to give your Geneticistassist permission to fire again!
- Bone Portals now track and reward Fluffy Exp (not counting Daily Challenge bonuses) and Nature Tokens! Tracking for best Fluffy Exp and best token count were just now implemented, so you will not see these bonuses until after your first portal of this patch.
- Added stats for Best Fluffy Exp and Most Tokens, which reflect the bonuses you'll get from the new Bone Portals (the token reward for each token will always be your Best Tokens ever divided by 3).
- Fluffy now has a new E4 bonus!
- Fluffy now has an E5 bonus!
- Spire IV+ now have higher Nu rewards, and Spires III+ now reward Fluffy Exp.
- In addition to pausing, Supervision now adds a slider to the DG window that allows you to adjust your maximum fuel capacity.
- You can now hold Ctrl when converting Nature Tokens to spend all!
- New Heirlooms now always drop with mods in alphabetical order (except for Empty, which is always at the bottom)
- You can now add up to 5 comma-separated zone numbers to the "Map at Zone" option. In addition, opening up this option to customize your setting now highlights the text.
- Heirloom mods that have a max amount of upgrades now do a better job at letting you know what the max is
- You now have the option to purchase 10 Heirloom mod upgrades at a time
- Added a tooltip to the "Mastery" tab, so you can check your Dark Essence quickly if you don't like having the number always displayed.
- The Dimensional Generator upgrade window now keeps itself vertically centered, to avoid falling off the screen.
- The message log no longer spams you about how you shouldn't read the Coordination book when liquifying zones during the Trimp challenge
- The amount of Trimp deaths in Spires now shows in the "World Info" tooltip
- Added some more helpful info to the Geneticist tooltip
- Added a few more useful stats to track Fluffy Exp progress! You can now see Fluffy Exp/Hour for current run, best Fluffy Exp/Hour for current run (including which zone you were at, just like He/hr has), and a stat for best Fluffy Exp/hr over all runs. The first two stats only show in the "Current Run" tab, and the third only shows in the "Total" tab.
- Large numbers in the Fluffy tooltip are now properly formatted
- The Statistics page now fits 4 stats per row instead of 3
- Added some extra information to the Scryer Formation tooltip, allowing you to see if you will be getting credit for your current enemy or map Cache (if applicable).
- The Dimensional Generator "Pause" button now lives inside the clock.
- Changed the wording on some achievement "Progress" lines
- The Exit Spire button now properly shows up if you're not mapping at that Spire
- Fixed a bug that was causing Mapocalypse to occasionally not dispense any extra helium
- Fixed a bug that could cause Geneticist credit to be lost with a breed timer of less than 0.2 seconds
- The "Fire" button no longer breaks popup windows
- Added a little bit of forgiveness to the cost vs Dark Essence comparison when purchasing a Mastery. This ensures that you can always repurchase the same amount of Masteries after a respec.
- It's no longer possible to earn tiny amounts of Dark Essence from low zones after you've purchased all Masteries
- The Housing line in the Max Trimps breakdown no longer displays negative numbers when it means to say 0
- Switching to Scryer formation right at the end of a map no longer grants the Scryer bonus to map Caches. You now must have Scryer formation active before the first enemy of the map dies to earn credit.
- Added a max height and a scroll bar if needed to the "Extra Heirlooms" box
- Fixed an inconsistency between displayed number of Storage buildings and actual Storage buildings when Liquifying with Improved AutoStorage (numbers will still be inconsistent until next portal)
- Fixed two different situations that could cause the Scryer bonus per enemy to apply when it shouldn't
4.72 - 3/25/18
The Great Trimp Egg Hunt is back on! If you see a pastel-colored egg in the world, click it to find some free stuff! This is a temporary event that will last about 2 weeks.
- You can now export and import your perk layout! Authors of tools and calculators that generate perk setups can now follow the format and directions of the 'exportPerks()' function in main.js to allow for easy importing of that setup into the game!
- Fluffy's level 4 reward is now seeded, so saving and refreshing should no longer change the outcome.
4.71 - 3/1/18
- Added Finish all Voids and Repeat On/Off to the Map Configuration window
- Updated the description of the Shift for Tooltips setting
- Coordinations no longer drop at Z230 on the Trimp² challenge. In order to keep this challenge fair for everyone, any Trimp² scores above Z230 have been reset back to 230. If you are already on a Trimp² run above Z230 when you load this patch, if you have not purchased any Coordinations, your Coordinations will be gone and you can continue your run as normal. If you have already purchased one or more Coordinations, you will not be able to earn a score higher than 230 for that run (You'll see a message when you load this patch and a message on each zone clear if your run will be capped to 230).
- Enemies with Healthy but no ability now show the correct helium reward in their tooltip
4.7 - 2/24/18
- Fluffy can now gain experience. Complete Spire II to see what Fluffy has to offer!
- Added a new row of achievements for Helium per hour
- Tauntimps now come with their own Trimps inside! (They now increase current population in addition to max population)
- Added a new QOL bonus as a reward for completing a Z225+ Void Map
- Added a new permanent upgrade to the Dimensional Generator
- Crushed's helium reward is increased from 300% to 400%, and Nom's reward is increased from 300% to 350%.
- Bone drops now have their own loot category
- You can now save up to 3 different map configuration presets!
- Added a new setting to shrink Perk buttons
- The Challenge² button's tooltip no longer ignores the Shift for Tooltips setting
- The Void Specialization mastery's tooltip now displays what the current bonus is
- You can now see how much Helium has been spent on your current perk setup in the Portal and View Perks windows
- Added a new toggle to the Mastery Alert settings, "Hybrid Alerts". This setting will show your total amount of unspent essence on the tab, but will switch to the alert icon once you have enough essence for a new Mastery.
- When in a map with a special modifier, you can now see which modifier is active in the World Info tooltip that opens when hovering over the map name.
- Added a configuration button to the right side of the Maps button. This opens a popup that's very similar to the side bar in maps, but can be accessed from anywhere. The maps side bar setting is no longer on by default, feel free to turn it off if you'd rather have the screen space.
- In the Liquimp loot message, Skeletimp/Megaskeletimps are no longer part of the 'Rare Imps' list. They now have their own line of text that will show/hide based on your Bone/Loot settings. In addition, Liquimp messages will no longer show up when they have nothing important to tell you, and repeated/unique unlocks now also filter separately in this message.
- Added different story messages to Z285-299 depending on Spire progress
- Added a new toggle to the Gene Send option, "Wait for Gene Send". This will cause AutoFight to always wait for your set Geneticist timer before sending an army to fight, guaranteeing that you get Anticipation and Geneticist credit for that full amount of time even if your Trimps have no room to breed.
- Breeding should no longer freeze when your Trimps per second is super small compared to your max population.
- Fixed an issue that caused perks with really high levels to sometimes not want to go back down to 0
- The Dimensional Generator can no longer start on Hybrid before Hybrid is unlocked after deleting your save.
- When purchasing Wormholes with the 'Confirming' option enabled, changing your purchase amount selector before approving the confirmation no longer causes an incorrect amount of Wormholes to be purchased.
- Pressing shift with the 'Shift for Tooltips' option enabled no longer closes input boxes.
- Pressing shift with the 'Shift for Tooltips' option enabled while already mousing over an element now properly displays that element's tooltip. You no longer need to mouse out and back in while holding shift.
- Starting a Void Map, recycling all Heirlooms, and then finding a new Heirloom without closing the Heirlooms page will now cause the Recycle All button to come back.
- 'Feat' achievements that have large numbers in their description now format to your selected notation choice instead of always showing standard.
- Nature Stack Transfer upgrades now show the correct maximum amount of levels if Natural Diplomacy III is purchased.
- Buffs from the last Nature area no longer show up on the first bad guy in the new Nature area (This was just a display issue).
- Your custom purchase amount now properly updates visually when switching notation
- Purchase buttons for buildings/jobs/equipment/upgrades should no longer override a big tooltip with their text
- Fixed a bug that showed the word 'Undefined' in the in-run Challenge² description when you haven't earned a bonus yet.
4.611 - 1/5/18
- Presimpts have gone back into hiding until next year!
- Fixed an issue that could cause heirloom bonuses to apply when not equipped
- The Humane Run achievement no longer starts a brand new game with 1 death already stored
4.61 - 12/16/17
- Merry Trimpmas! Snow has once again fallen on the Trimps' home planet. The blizzard is so strong this year that even maps are covered!
- Presimpts have come out of their year-long hibernation to spread Holiday cheer. Find them in the world for extra loot and the occasional chance at extra bones!
- The "Show Snow/No Snow" option has temporarily returned in case you hate Holiday cheer. Presimpt loot is also connected to the "Events" Loot message filter, so if you had it off for Pumpkimps and want to see Presimpt text you'll need to reenable it.
4.603 - 12/06/17
- The 'Game Saved!' message should no longer appear more than once in the message log
- Added missing descriptions to 'Cache' and 'Token' loot filters in the message config window
- The message config window now does a better job of centering itself
- The filter for tokens seemed to be hidden on old saves and shown on new saves, both of which have been corrected
- Jestimp, Chronoimp, and Cache loot now properly scales off of the 'Extra Zones' loot bonus
4.602 - 12/02/17
- Added an option to toggle off Cache reward messages in the message config
- "Repeat for Any" no longer repeats on a map that has items but is too low to earn a map stack
- Reworded some things in the map repeat options tooltip for clarity, and spaced it out a bit to be easier to read
- Moved the 'Clear All Perks' button that shows up when respeccing down to the row with the other buttons. This gives some more space to this window for smaller screens, and the perk UI no longer jumps down when you click respec.
- The health breakdown now vertically centers like the attack breakdown. This should keep it from getting pushed off the screen when it has lots of stuff in it.
- The 'Reset Map Settings' button now properly resets Biome
4.601 - 11/30/17
- The tooltips in the map chamber now have a smaller trigger area, and only display if you mouse over the text
- Speedexplorer was intended to start dropping at Z20, and loading to 4.6 gave you books as if you had started earning Speedexplorer at Z20. However, on the next portal it wouldn't start dropping until Z30. Speedexplorer now properly starts dropping at Z20. If you were affected by this bug, you'll find an extra Speedexplorer in the next max level map you run after updating to this version.
- Void Power III now actually really does gain Fast Attacks
- The Fast Attacks modifier now stays on maps if you abandon and then continue them
- Mother Lode can now properly be earned while running a Challenge²
- The book icon now properly displays in the Speedexplorer unlock message
4.6 - 11/29/17
- Added a new challenge at Z110
- Added 12 Feat achievements (one is hiding)
- Added Spire Speedrun achievements for later Spires!
- Added a new Challenge² at Z425. This challenge is really hard btw.
- Totally overhauled drop rates of fragments, added SpeedExplorer books that drop in maps every 10 zones, and changed the fragment costs of maps.
- Added 3 new map customization options! The first unlocks at Z60, the second at Z110, and the third at Z210
- The mastery "Bionic Magnet" now also gives all Bionic Wonderland maps something useful.
- The mastery "Void Power III" now also gives all Void Maps something useful.
- The mastery "Void Special" now adds +0.25% helium to void maps per zone cleared last run, instead of +25% per 100.
- Increased Crushed's helium reward from +100% to +300%
- Increased Nom's helium reward from +200% to +300%
- Increased Watch's helium reward from +150% to +200%
- Increased Lead's helium reward from +250% to +300%
- Increased Corrupted's helium reward from +100% to +200%
- Added a "Trimps Info" button to the stats page
- On the Challenge² selection screen, the background colors of challenges now change based on how far you've gotten in each one compared to your highest zone reached
- Creating a map no longer saves your map configuration settings. Instead, added a save button to the top of the map window. Every time you enter the map chamber, your last saved settings will load
- Added a button to the top of the map chamber to reset all map configuration settings (this does not clear your saved settings, and they will still load the next time you come in)
- Added a button to minimize the map configuration options to the top of the map chamber
- Moved the "Recycle All" button so it could hang out with the other map control buttons
- Added tooltips to all headers in the map chamber
- Reduced the amount of text in the portal screen after you complete your first Scientist Challenge
- Standard Notation now has suffixes up to e308 (thanks k1d_5h31d0n for the list)
- Added a new toggle to the notation selection, "Hybrid Notation", which formats Standard up to e96 and then switches to Engineering. This mimics the behavior of Standard Notation pre 4.6.
- Turned some text cursors back in to default pointers
- Added a new setting to block the big popups for the Improbability, Corruption, Spire, and Magma.
- You can now Ctrl+click Geneticistassist as a shortcut to the 'Customize Targets' setting. The option in settings is still available for those without keyboards
- Added a new toggle to the map repeat options, "Repeat for Any". This option will continue repeating until you have all items AND all stacks
- Searching in settings can now properly find settings by all of their different toggle option names. For example, you can search for "Less Map Buttons" or "Extra Map Buttons" to see that option regardless of current setting.
- You can now only ever see one mastery tier above what you can afford. This counts as quality of life because nobody wants spoilers!
- You can now see how many of each golden upgrade you've purchased this run, and what your current bonus is by mousing over the AutoGolden button
- Time on zone (for things like Magmamancer or Meditation) no longer increases while offline with the "No Offline Progress" setting enabled.
- AutoStructure now runs correctly in a background tab
- The "Swag" achievement no longer rewards credit if you don't have a Shield equipped
- Pluralized enemy names during the Coordinate challenge
- /sec text in the resource boxes should no longer ever spill out of the boxes on any supported resolutions
- Fixed the resource column being 0.1% shorter than it should have been
- The Trimps resource box no longer says 'breeding' next to your inactive Trimps during the Trapper challenge
4.512 - 11/3/17
- Pumpkimps have gone back in to hiding until next year.
- Damage from Poison now properly applies to Overkill
- Fixed an issue with the Empower daily description, "1 stacks" -> "1 stack"
- Tooltips for Corrupted and Healthy enemies in the Spire no longer state that they have increased health/damage.
- Fixed a rounding issue with displayed percentage values in the Loot breakdown (some were off by up to 1%)
- Still Rowing II now properly requires Still Rowing I
4.511 - 10/22/17
- Added a new temporary setting, "Show Pumpkimps". This setting applies only to the visual effect of Pumpkimp zones in the world, does not apply to maps, and has no impact on how many Pumpkimps or Pumpkimp Zones actually spawn. You can use this setting to show either the default Pumpkimp zones, show colored borders instead of background colors on cells, or just hide the pumpkimps entirely.
- Fixed a typo in the Mirrored daily modifier description
- Added some missing padding to the names of Token enemies
- Stopped Sugar Rush from incorrectly displaying in the breakdowns for block and health.
- Pumpkimp cells now have black icons inside them instead of white
- Updated the description of the "Forcing Queue" settings option to include Improved Autostorage if you have it unlocked
4.51 - 10/20/17
- Pumpkimps have temporarily returned! Just like last year, you'll have a 5% chance per world zone to encounter a "Pumpkimp Zone", and you'll have a chance to find Pumpkimps in the orange squares! You can also find weaker versions of Pumpkimps inside all Maps.
- New this year, Pumkimps above Z200 have a chance to increase your Trimps' attack by 2x for 10 minutes, stacking up to 25 minutes. This bonus increases to 3x at Z300, 4x at 400, etc
- Added a new theme to the already existing theme selection setting. This theme is called "Gradient Theme", and was created by reddit user k1d_5h31d0n. Give him gold or compliments and stuff if you like it!
- Added a new setting, "Geneticistassist Fire", which allows you to control what the Geneticistassist can fire. You can choose to remove the ability to fire Farmers, Lumberjacks and Miners, or remove the ability to fire anything at all, including Geneticists.
- Added a new setting that allows you to turn Liquification on/off. As it says in the description of this setting, nothing in game should be impossible to complete with Liquification enabled, but it still feels like an appropriate setting to have.
- Fixed an issue with loot averaging and gems
- Fixed a possible exploit with the seeded enemies from 4.5
- Fixed a few typos
- Added a missing space after the Void Map Corruption icon
- Fixed an issue causing void maps before Z180 to give more helium than they were meant to (the reward matches the one calculated in the breakdown again)
4.5 - 9/25/17
- New Spires have popped up in the world every 100 zones after Z200.
- The Z200 Spire needs to be cleared before you'll be able to see 300, 300 must be cleared for 400, etc. You will already have credit for the Z200 spire if you cleared it before this patch.
- Each Spire you clear (including the old one at Z200) now permanently alters your portal device, causing you to liquify zones equal to 5% of your Highest Zone Cleared per unique spire cleared.
- Added 41 new world story messages between Z265 and Z505, and even more story to the first 3 new Spires
- Spire Row 9 no longer drops 5 bones. Instead, you will be rewarded with 20 bones the first time you clear each unique Spire.
- Added a new achievement tier, worth 80% each.
- Added 13 new achievements. Renamed some old achievements and moved some names around so things like 'Absolute Zero' are still the final tier of Helium achievements. It's tough to think of something colder than Absolute Zero.
- After maxxing out Golden Upgrade frequency, each 500% bonus you earn above the cap of 2000% will allow you to start every run with 1 extra free Golden Upgrade.
- Doubled the speed of AutoUpgrade, which can now do 2 upgrades per second instead of 1.
- Added a new tier of Masteries (t6)
- Added another new tier of Masteries for good measure (t7)
- And one more new tier of Masteries just for fun (t8)
- The chance to get higher level Heirlooms now increases at Z400
- AutoGolden now requires 30 seconds for Trimp retraining before it makes any purchases after you use your Portal.
- Added third toggle to the 'Gene Send' option - Enforce Gene Send. This has all the functionality of normal Gene Send, but also forces your army to never be sent early due to fast breeding. With this setting toggled, AutoFight will only send Trimps in if you are at max population or you have reached your set Geneticistassist timer.
- After you've reached Z230 once, AutoStructure gains an extra setting to not build Nurseries before a set zone number.
- Hotkeys are now disabled when the Settings menu is open
- Added a new setting to the 'Other' category, allowing you to disable hotkeys entirely
- Perk levels now display with large number formatting by default. This can be disabled through the new setting under Layout if you prefer to see the more precise numbers instead.
- Speedrun achievements no longer give credit if you're a few seconds over the time. All speedrun achievement descriptions have been updated to state "Complete X in less than Y time" rather than "Complexe X in Y time or less".
- Enemy buffs/debuffs now scroll if they run out of room instead of pushing everything down.
- The research button now comes back if you portal before completing a scientist challenge.
- Fixed a text issue with plurality on the map info hover
- Geneticistassist is now more reliable when your total population size is a few orders of magnitude larger than your army size
4.41 - 8/17/17
- Jestimp and Chronoimp can now reward fragments as soon as Explorers become available in the world, rather than waiting for you to purchase the unlock for Explorers
- The Scryer Formation can no longer be activated before it is unlocked
- Fixed a line showing up in the block breakdown during Mapocalypse and Electricity that shouldn't have been there
- The Nature tab tooltip now always shows the correct zone that you'll fight the next empowered enemy
- Bionic Wonderland maps no longer show as continuable after they've been automatically recycled, which prevents the game from crashing
- Fixed the vertical alignment of the Trimp and Bad Guy health bars where the Trimp bar was being pushed down a few pixels by the MagnetoShriek button
4.4 - 6/22/17
- Nature now helps you get some of the bad guys off of its planet, in the form of the new 'Empowerments of Nature' mechanic. Empowerments of Nature become available at Z236 and can be upgraded with 3 new special currencies!
- The chest you earn when Magma starts now also contains 2 Omnipotrimps worth of Helium.
- Finishing Scientist 4 or Mapology should no longer leave you with an odd number of weapon/armor prestiges available.
4.32 - 5/25/17
- The 'Empower' daily modifier no longer applies in maps, and is now World only.
- Fade-ins should be faster
- Grammar fixes
- Added hover text for magma loot
- Removed underscore from Carpentry II in breakdown
- Mastery alerts no longer display when all Masteries are purchased
- Fire for Jobs should be more stable
4.31 - 4/17/17
- Made some huge performance fixes. You should notice a massive reduction in CPU usage while Trimps is running!
- Setting an AutoStructure limit on Nurseries now takes buildings closed by Magma in to account in order to keep you at that number. Also added a statistic for closed Nurseries!
- Fire for Jobs works much better with really really high numbers of owned Trimps
- 'Pressure' no longer stacks infinitely
- The dates under the daily challenge should now be proper in all time zones
4.3 - 4/12/17
- The strange eggs from last year have made their way temporarily back in to the World. They're rumored to contain some pretty neat stuff, but will disappear in about 1 week. Click it if you see one!
- You can now run any Daily Challenge from the past 7 days, up from 2
- Added 5 new Daily Challenge modifiers
- Due to changes with Masteries, all spent Dark Essence will be refunded and all Masteries will reset the first time you load to 4.3
- Combined the Home Detector 1 and 2 masteries in to a single T1 Mastery
- The Home Detector mastery now includes Nurseries. To preserve the difficulty of the 'Grindless' Feat achievement, Grindless has been updated to also require not purchasing any Nurseries.
- Moved the Tier 2 Foremany Mastery and Tier 3 Double Build Mastery two columns to the right
- Moved the Metallic Coat Mastery from T4 to T2
- Added AutoStructure as a Tier 4 mastery, requiring Double Build. AutoStructure allows you to set thresholds at which most structures can be automatically purchased!
- You can now improve AutoStorage to waste less resources and craft instantly by completing a 150+ Void Map!
- The first time you clear Trimple of Doom each portal (as long as you have already completed it once for the perk), you'll find 'Ancient Treasure', which instantly doubles your stored Food, Wood, and Metal.
- The Heirloom in the spire is now level 201, giving you a better chance for a higher rarity
- The bonus helium reward from Electricity is now 200%, up from 150%
- Buying 300 Golden Upgrades unlocks something new! This is tracked in Statistics, and counts back from the beginning of Golden Upgrades. If you're already over 300, you'll need to purchase 1 more on version 4.3 to get your present.
- You can now save up to 3 Perk Presets! You'll be able to overwrite and rename the presets whenever you want, and you can load any saved preset whenever your Respec is active.
- Moved the Portal confirmation message in to a tooltip, and made the different warning messages look pretty. This is also sort of a bug fix, as the 'Cancel' button won't ever fall off the screen anymore.
- Added a new portal warning message if you try to portal with enough Magmite to buy a Generator upgrade
- Added new "Other" setting: "Gene Sending", which unlocks after unlocking Geneticistassist. Toggling this setting on will force Trimps to be sent to battle whenever they've been breeding for longer than your current Geneticistassist setting.
- Added new "Other" setting: "Fire for Jobs", which causes Farmers, Lumberjacks, and Miners to be fired automatically if you try to purchase a scaling-price job (Trainer, Explorer, Geneticist, etc) while you don't have enough workspaces available.
- Added new "Other" setting: "Always Giga Ctrl", which forces Gigastations to act as if you were holding the Ctrl key when you purchase them, even if you weren't actually holding it!
- The custom number box now remembers the first thing you use it for after each portal, and will automatically set itself to that number or ratio after your next portal
- AutoFight now remembers your setting between portals
- Clicking 'Portal' with Respec available will automatically activate your Respec
- Prices on tooltips now display in orange if your storage is too low for that particular resource
- Buying a perk from the 'View Perks' menu no longer removes the 'Respec' button. Clicking the 'Respec' button will now enable your respec without clearing any non-confirmed perk levels.
- Repeatable challenges now use a darker shade of blue on the Portal screen, to help make them easier to visually differentiate from single-run challenges that you have an unearned reward available in.
- Added a 'View Current Challenge' button to the portal screen if you have a challenge active, allowing you to swap the 'Select New Challenge' pane back and forth with the one that appears on the 'View Perks' screen, including the 'Abandon Challenge' button.
- You can now still see the mods that were on a daily challenge on the portal screen, even if you have already completed that day's challenge.
- Updated the squares that Perks live inside, Perk Level is now on its own line, and Perk names no longer push out of the boxes.
- 4-way toggle buttons now have 4 different colors like the settings buttons. The only difference to things that existed before 4.3 is that the 'Weapons First' AutoPrestige setting is blue now instead of yellow.
- Fixed some alignment with UI boxes
- Double Attack bad guys no longer attack a second time if they die first
- The map credits label now properly disappears after finishing Mapology or Mapology²
- Void Maps now say the name of the void buff next to the icon in the 'World Info' popup instead of saying "Any"
- Alphabetic Notation no longer displays "bz" as "bundefined"
- Trying to buy Golden Maps or Quick Trimps while you already have them no longer messes up the UI
- The attack breakdown should no longer fall out the bottom of anyone's browser
- Fixed a text error with the King of Bones II mastery description
- Fixed a text error in the Meditation challenge description
- Going in to to a perks screen no longer clears your purchase amount selection
- Geneticistassist no longer buys enough Geneticists to break breeding if you have it enabled while using a very small amount of soldiers, such as during the Trimp² Challenge
- The Dimensional Generator default mode setting is now only under 'General'
- Time units no longer show as plural in the 'Time Until Full' boxes for resources if the time unit is singular (1 min 1 sec instead of 1 mins 1 secs)
- Geneticists no longer stop providing their health bonus when it takes 0 seconds to refill your soldiers
- Heirloom seed no longer resets on portal
4.21 - 2/27/17
- Challenge² rewards are now earned on reaching X zones rather than clearing X zones. For example, with the default reward of 1% every 10 zones, you'll earn 1% as soon as you hit Z10, 2% as soon as you hit Z20, etc. Reloading to this patch will automatically reupdate your bonuses to this new rule.
- Added a Challenge² tooltip button and bonus display to the View Perks screen when running Challenge²
- The ² looks better in the attack/health/helium breakdowns
- Magmamancers no longer drop during Metal²
- Cthulimp text on kill now makes more sense when running Challenge²
- Fixed a display issue where the bonus from Turkimp III wasn't properly reflecting in the gathered resources per second display.
4.2 - 2/25/17
- Added Challenge²! This feature is automatically unlocked at Zone 65, and allows you to run up to 15 different normal challenges to the furthest zone you can for a permanent increase to attack, health, and Helium found!
- Geneticistassist is now 10x faster, and tracks when your last soldiers were sent in order to better maintain Anticipation stacks
- AutoUpgrade and AutoPrestige can now each purchase 1 upgrade per second, instead of only one or the other.
- When using the 'Extra Map Info' setting, Void Maps will show their specific Void Buff icon instead of the resource icon.
- Added new option for large number formatting, "Alphabetic Notation". Where Standard would use 100K-100M-100B-100Sx-100Sxv, or Scientific would use 1e5-1e8-1e11-1e24-1e83, Alphabetic will use 100a-100b-100c-100g-100aa. The custom number tab supports parsing Alphabetic Notation while it's enabled.
- You can now only carry 3 Bionic Wonderland maps at a time. If you pick up a fourth, your lowest level Bionic Wonderland will be automatically recycled.
- The "Bionic Magnet" Mastery now only drops maps up to the highest level RoboTrimp ever earned
- Added Corruption cell count per zone to the helium breakdown
- Added hover colors to challenges on the portal screen
- The Corruption line in the Helium breakdown now properly takes Headstart in to account
- AutoStorage now properly moves on to the next storage type if it can't afford one of the others
- Fixed an issue that allowed the MagnetoShriek button to display before Z60
- Buying the 'Formation' upgrade after purchasing specific formation upgrades now properly unlocks all purchased formation upgrades
- There are no longer underscores in the level 2 perk names if you copy and paste them from the attack/health/gathering/loot breakdowns
- The story text now makes more sense after clearing Z20 with the 'Portal Generator' mastery active.
4.1 - 1/14/17
- Heirlooms now refund 100% of the Nu spent on upgrading any mods, as long as those mods are still on the heirloom when it is recycled. Nu spent replacing mods will still not be refunded. This is backwards compatible with any heirlooms you upgraded before this patch!
- Added a new heirloom rarity that begins dropping at Z230
- Added 2 new speedrun achievements, 2 new achievements to "Total Zone Clears", 2 new achievements to "Helium Collection", and 1 new achievement to "Heirloom Collection"
- Added new achievement category: "Humane Run". You'll earn these achievements for reaching certain zones after losing less than one battle per zone. You'll need to portal at least once after moving to this update before this achievement will be achievable.
- Added new Golden Upgrade/Achievement tier
- Added new statistic for battles lost
- Your Void Map count is now always displayed on the maps button while in the world
- Exiting to Maps after finishing a map will no longer kill off your group of Trimps when you go back to the world
- Fixed an issue with rounding on the "Helium Collection" achievement progress indicator
- Fixed an issue that was causing Hybridization on the Dimensional Generator to sometimes waste a cell before swapping from Fuel to Mi before Storage has been purchased.
- Fixed an issue that caused Trimps to be sent back to battle too soon after dealing with a Superheated Omnipotrimp
4.01 - 12/16/16
- A cold snap has brought snow to the Trimp homeworld! All non-mutated world cells have some snow, which is purely visual. You can disable the snow in General Settings, but you'll miss out on the real life mood boost from holiday cheer.
- Presimpts have returned and can be found randomly in the world! Presimpts drop basic resources, or if you're lucky and have been good this year, a bone. Presimpts and snow will melt away shortly after the holidays.
- Added new housing achievement
- Reduced the Magmite cost of all single-use Generator upgrades by 25%.
- Added a new multi-purchase Generator upgrade
- Slightly changed the description of Hut to make it more clear that all housing supports only half of its capacity as workspaces.
- If your highest Void Map clear was above Z230, it will be reset to 230 one time only. This is purely visual, as this stat is currently not used for anything other than being a statistic.
- The 'Trimps from Generator' stat now takes Carp and other housing bonuses in to account for the displayed number. This is also a purely visual change.
- Added new setting under 'Other' to disable offline progress
- Added a new settings tab for 'Performance'
- Trimps slain by a Superheated Omnipotrimp now count towards the 'Dead Trimps' stat
- Fixed an issue causing the 'Trustworthy Trimps' popup to sometimes not display when using PlayFab on Kongregate (this is a display fix only, the loot was still being given out previously)
- Fixed an issue where rampage stacks wouldn't properly reset after leaving and coming back to a map
- Fixed an issue where the free Coordinations at Z230 would sometimes not display for a few cells.
- Magmamancer no longer shows up in the metal loot breakdown if you've been on the zone for less than 10 minutes
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scryer Formation to improperly display if it's unlocked but 'Formations' hasn't yet been purchased that run.
4.0 - 11/20/16
- Huge overhaul of Z230+. Added the first Megastructure, a new zone mutation, a new currency, and new things to upgrade!
- If your Highest Zone Reached or RoboTrimp level were above Z230, they will be reset to Z230 (for things like masteries that use it). This will only occur once - the first time you load in to V4.0 if you're currently below 230, or your first portal if you were already above Z230.
- Added zone progress achievements up to 300
- Added new story messages
- AutoStorage has been moved from Z150 to Z75
- Void Maps that are completed above your Corruption start point now calculate the amount of Corruption cells you would find in that world zone as part of the Void Map helium reward. (Lots more helium from Void Maps when Corruption is active)
- Dark essence now gains 45% more scaling from zone, meaning much more Dark Essence drops as you reach higher zones.
- Due to changes with Masteries, all Masteries have been refunded for free!
- Added 6 new Masteries
- Added new T3 mastery, condensed Foremany 1 and Foremany 2 in to one mastery, Moved King of Bones II from T4 to T5, added one new T4 mastery to fill Bones II's spot, and the 4 other new masteries are all T5.
- T4 Masteries now only require 11 previously purchased masteries to unlock, down from 12
- Dark Essence can no longer be earned after purchasing all available Masteries
- Crit chance has been added to the possible Corruption enemy modifier pool
- Pumpkimps have gone in to hiding until next year.
- Advanced map settings now persist through portal
- Fixed an issue where Famine wasn't showing up in the displayed gathering numbers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause helium earned while the portal screen was open to not be counted
- Daily challenge achievements are no longer visible until Dailies unlock at Z100
- AutoUpgrade now works better when Trimps is not the active window
- Spire loot messages no longer disappear in the log after exiting the spire
3.811 - 10/22/16
- Added a new option for "Events" to the message configuration for Loot. This will let you toggle on/off loot text from temporary events like Pumpkimps
- AutoFight will now send Trimps to fight if it takes less than 0.1 seconds to breed a new group of soldiers, even if the population limit hasn't been reached yet
- Fixed an issue where ctrl clicking Gigastation with the 'Locking' and 'Confirming' settings toggled on would sometimes only purchase 1 Warpstation
- Fixed an issue where extra damage from a new daily challenge modifier was ignoring block
3.81 - 10/20/16
- Added 4 new daily challenge modifiers
- Pumpkimps have temporarily returned! You can find weak versions of them in maps, and have a 5% chance per zone to encounter a patch of more rewarding ones in the world.
- Creating a map now automatically selects that map if you don't already have one in progress
- Number formatting now defaults to engineering rather than scientific notation after the game runs out of words for numbers when using standard formatting. Engineering notation is more similar to standard than scientific
- Holding Ctrl while buying a Gigastation will cause as many Warpstations as you currently own to be purchased immediately after Gigastation, if you can afford them.
- Fixed an issue that could cause 'Weapons First' prestiging to ignore weapons if shield upgrades were available and wood income was low
- The maximum value for loot and difficulty percent on maps now has an even chance to roll
3.8 - 9/26/16
- Added daily challenges! These become unlocked after Zone 100, generate a brand new random challenge every day, and can only be completed once each.
- Added 5 achievements for the daily challenges
- Feat of strength achievements that have not been completed now turn red when it becomes impossible to complete them for that run.
- Trimp attack breakdown now includes min/max
- AutoTrap toggled setting now persists through portals
- It's no longer extremely difficult to click a resource/sec breakdown once you have very high resources/sec
- Fixed an issue that was making it difficult to change perks in the middle of the run with Carpentry II in use.
- Engineering notation no longer stops working after e100 (Thanks Grimy!)
3.71 - 8/28/16
- Dark Essence drops are now worth 3x less, but happen 3x more frequently
- Added 8 achievements for Helium collection
- Added a new challenge and unique reward at Z55
- Automatic online saving now occurs once per 30 minutes instead of every minute. You can still manually click save to force a backup. Added extra text to the green 'Game Saved!' message to let you know when your game has also been backed up online.
- Masteries no longer display an alert or show cost once all are purchased
- MagnetoShriek is no longer lost if you activate it, kill a map enemy, then switch back to the Improbability
- Fixed all known inconsistencies with the Bionic Magnet mastery. The proper maps should drop only once per run from all the proper locations at the proper times. (This may require a portal before it starts working properly if you were already having problems this run)
- Mastery respec button no longer overflows to two lines on lower resolutions
- Golden upgrades now temporarily lock themselves and others (like all other unlocks) if the "Lock on Unlock" setting is enabled
- Pausing the game no longer temporarily and incorrectly alters Helium/hr or average loot
- Megaskeletimps and Skeletimps no longer occasionally prevent the other from spawning
3.7 - 8/11/16
- New late game feature: Mastery. Unlocks at Z181 and adds 20 new things to master!
- New Formation: Scrying. Scrying Formation unlocks once you've reached Z181 and trades battle stats for extra loot. Scrying above Z181 gives a chance to find Dark Essence, which is used for Mastery.
- Removed messages about unlocking perks in the spire if you already have the perk unlocked. Added some extra storyish text to the Spire perk descriptions instead.
- Adjusted the popup from the start of Corruption to work with more situations, and added some clarifying information about the Improbability/Void Map bonuses to the Corrupted Challenge description.
3.6 - 7/24/16
- New Feature: Golden Upgrades. Golden Upgrades can be found starting at every 50 zones, and can be used to increase Attack and Health, Helium, or Void Map drops. As you earn a higher percentage of damage from achievements, you'll begin to find Golden Upgrades more frequently. Golden Upgrades get more powerful as you find more each run.
- Added new statistic for total Golden Upgrades purchased
- Added 12 new unique 'Feat' achievements, all T5 and higher
- Each row you complete in the Spire now increases all loot gained until your next portal by 2% (including helium)
UI/Quality Of Life
- Added a checkbox to the Geneticistassist setting, allowing you to force Geneticistassist to always start disabled after it is unlocked each run.
- Added new setting for button size in the menu where you purchase Buildings, Jobs, Upgrades, and Equipment. It can be found under 'Layout' and allows you to toggle between 4, 5, or 6 buttons per row.
3.51 - 7/9/16
- Added 7th achievement tier
- Added speedrun achievements for Spire
- Increased the bonus metal in the Spire by 500%, from 10x to 50x.
UI/Quality Of Life
- Added Helium to the loot breakdown (the present icon by the bad guy's name)
- Added a cog icon to the message toggle bar. Clicking this cog will let you further customize which types of messages can show up in your log.
- Helium drops are now counted as Loot rather than Story. The new font color for helium messages is a slightly darker blue than the story messages.
- Added a new alert system to let you know when you unlock a new setting (some settings are unlocked side-by-side with late game rewards, and it was hard to know about it before). You'll see a red '!' by settings after unlocking a new one, and will have access to a 'New' tab the first time you open settings after seeing the alert.
- Added a new setting once Siphonology is unlocked, which causes the map creation level input box to default to the lowest level you'll receive a map bonus. (Off by default)
- Added a new setting that allows you to toggle timestamps on in the message log. You can log either the current run time, or the local time according to your computer. (Off by default)
- Added an 'Exit Spire' button below the Bone Trader when in the Spire. Clicking this button... exits the Spire.
- The online saving setting is no longer in Beta! Now when launching the game for the first time, there will be a button to enable online saving from the Welcome popup.
- Changed up the border on achievements a tiny bit, in order to make it easier to tell at a glance which tier an achievement is in.
- The message received when finishing a Void Map no longer says anything about finding yourself teleported to the map chamber if you're repeating or exiting to world.
3.5 - 6/23/16
- Added new repeatable helium challenge at Z190.
- Added Scientist V at Z130.
- Added a new one-time permanent reward to the Z170 Bionic Wonderland.
- The reward from completing the Electricity challenge has been increased from 100% to 150% extra helium.
UI/Quality of Life
- Finally redesigned the Settings layout. It's got a search and stuff now, check it out!
- Updated the Portal and View Perks UIs, trading some whitespace for larger text on perks.
- Now that you can pause the game by clicking on the timer at the bottom right of the screen (since 3.4), the 'Pause' setting in the Settings Menu has now been removed. There is now a new setting in the Settings Menu which allows you to disable pausing altogether, for people worried about pasing by accident.
- The Watch challenge will no longer assign any of your Trimps as workers if it would leave you with less than 15% of your max Trimps to help repopulate.
- Updated the first time launch text
- The right column of the bone trader no longer gets pushed outside of the box on any resolution.
3.4 - 6/9/16
- The Spire at Z200 is now open. Earn 5 new end-game perks with a new type of price scaling, rare resources, and a conclusion to the main story. In-game explanations will give an overview of how it works!
- The amount of zones in between Void Map drops no longer increases past Zone 200. This means you will find more Void Maps per run the further past Z200 you go!
UI/Quality of Life
- Added pause icon to the timer at the bottom right of the screen, and clicking the timer now pauses the game
- Added a pulse animation to the timer when the game is paused
- You can now enter numbers larger than 1000 in the perk selection custom number button to support the new perks. Most perks will show an infinity symbol for the cost and be unpurchasable when 1000 or higher is used.
- Added a 'Recycle All' button to extra Heirlooms
- When a Void Map drops, the '!' in the alert has been replaced with the number of Void Maps you currently have
- Mousing over the Map Name and Level square while in a Void Map will also show you how many Void Maps you have total (including the one you're on)
- (Non-Kongregate only)You can now send a PlayFab password reset email to yourself from the in-game menu.
- Shift clicking a tab no longer opens a new window
- Fixed a display issue on Firefox where perks were getting erased by tooltips in the portal screen.
3.3 - 5/27/16
- AutoUpgrade is no longer a Scientist IV reward, and has instead been added as a reward for the first time you break the planet. AutoPrestige is still unlocked with Sci IV.
- Scientist IV now causes Warpstations to skip the building queue and require no time to build.
- Corruption has begun to infest worlds starting at Z181 and up. Enjoy tougher "Corrupted" enemies with helium rewards, new mechanics, further developments to the story, and tougher Void Maps/Improbability also with greater rewards!
- Added new heirloom rarity breakpoint at Z201
UI/Quality of Life
- Added Engineering Notation as a number formatting option
- (Non-Kongregate only) The game now autofills your PlayFab login name and password if you checked the "remember account info" box the last time you logged in.
- When using the "Locking" and "Confirming" settings, your purchase will still go through if you confirm during the 1 second lockout
- Added tooltips for the 'Recycle All' and 'AutoUpgrade' buttons
- The settings menu no longer needs to be clicked twice to close after importing from playfab
- Bone portals should now properly trigger portal achievements instantly rather than waiting for your next full portal
- AutoPrestige no longer ignores Arbalest/Gambeson upgrades if the equipment before it has not been unlocked yet
- Added a block and error message to purchasing maps if you already have 100 or more. You'll still be able to get Unique or Void Maps past 100, but you'll need to recycle some if you want to purchase more. Having too many maps was causing the game to not load for some people under certain conditions.
3.231 - 5/10/16
UI/Quality of Life
- Added tooltip to AutoPrestiges to help explain the new choices.
- Greatly reduced lag resulting from using the import/export options.
- Max level perk coloration is now more accurate
- PlayFab AutoLogin on Kongregate now waits a few seconds if Kongregate hasn't had enough time to log you in, then tries again.
3.23 - 5/8/16
- Further refined the Void Map drop rules to be considerably more forgiving if your highest zone cleared is further than you normally portal.
UI/Quality of Life
- AutoPrestiges can now be toggled between 4 states. Off, All, Weapons Only, or Weapons First. Weapons First will not purchase armor until all available weapons have been purchased, or until the cheapest piece of armor is less than 5% of the cost of the cheapest weapon. Added a 2 second delay between toggling this setting and any prestiges being purchased.
- AutoPrestiges is now smarter! It will now only fire after AutoUpgrades can't buy anything, and will always buy the cheapest prestige first, according to your setting.
- Finally integrated online saving with PlayFab! This feature is in beta, and may still need some tweaking to work with everyone's situations. How it works: Go into settings and click the new blue button on the top row. A window will open where you can login to PlayFab by automatically connecting to Kongregate (if you're logged in to Kongregate), or by creating a PlayFab account with a username and password. Whenever AutoSave triggers or you click 'Save' while the new setting is enabled, a copy of your save will also be sent to PlayFab's servers for safe keeping. Trimps will automatically ask if you want to download the save from PlayFab if you ever log in on a computer that's further behind (in helium, total zones cleared, or highest zone reached) than the save on PlayFab.
- You can now type fractions or percentages into the custom number menu to select that fraction of your available workspaces. This should work really well for hiring even amounts of workers.
- The custom number box now remembers things exactly as you type them, so you won't have to keep typing "1/3"
- When removing perks, if you have a higher number selected than the number of removable levels of perk, the game will remove all removable levels of perk rather than doing nothing.
- Perks now have a tinge of blue if they're maxed out, so you can tell which are maxxed at a glance.
- Added new Togglable setting to the Extra Map Options bar for finishing all Void Maps. This setting is only visible when running a Void Map, and if enabled will run another Void Map (if you have one) after finishing the one you're on. After finishing all Void Maps, it will leave according to your Exit setting.
- Void maps no longer show strange item counts after attempting and abandoning.
- Toggling 'Remove' on in a perk window now properly updates the perk colors based on what you can and can't remove
3.22 - 4/20/16
- Reduced the attack by 15% and the health by 25% of all Bad Guys under Zone 60.
- The damage and health scaling of the "Balance" challenge have been increased in order to keep the challenge from being affected by the above change. The new scaling is in the description, and should keep things the same as they were.
- The unique map, "The Block" now has 130% difficulty, up from 110%. This should keep the attack damage in the map basically the same as before.
- Megablimps now drop 45 helium, up from 30.
UI/Quality of Life
- Your fighting group of Trimps will now upgrade themselves on the next cell after purchasing Coordination, the same way that equipment updates.
- Added a 'Buy Max' button. You can click this button again while it's already selected to further refine this to 0.5, 0.33, 0.25, and 0.1 of max.
- Added an extra column of buttons to maps after your first portal. This column is on by default, but can be toggled off in settings.
- Duplicated Equip First/Tier First to the extra map buttons column.
- Added extra map button allowing you to automatically exit a map after 10 stacks are gained.
- Added extra map button allowing you to decide between returning to maps or returning to world after completing a map.
- Added a new setting if you have Overkill unlocked, allowing you to track Overkills more easily.
- Wormhole confirmation popup no longer occurs if the wormhole cannot be afforded
- Upgrade tooltips no longer stay popped up if the mouse is no longer over an upgrade
- The tooltip for Traps now include Bait
- Fixed an issue where Watch wasn't correctly assigning workers at high zones
- The upgrades tab and science menu now properly pop up at the start of a new game after completing the Scientist challenges.
3.21 - 4/7/16
UI/Quality of Life
- You can now respec while portalling if your respec hasn't been used yet. This will ignore Coord/Carp checks.
- Freed up some more space in the portal screen
- Added a toggle for the 'Extra Perk Info' setting inside the portal screen
- Clearing all perks now activates the 'Confirm' button
- Added new statistic for people using the 3.2 perk
- The Trimps Killed stat is now more accurate
- The Extra Perk Info setting now properly updates on screen when choosing different purchase amounts
- The 3.2 perk now works more reliably in a background tab
3.2 - 4/3/16
- Added 11 new standalone achievements. Some are hidden, some require higher zones to unlock, but they're there waiting to be achieved.
- Added Z170 unique map
- Added Z170 challenge, which unlocks a brand new perk
- Added 5 speedrun achievements to the new map
UI/Quality of Life
- Numbers with large suffixes (like Qad) and exponents now fit better inside gather boxes
- Exponents are no longer superscripted. Those were the last four, I promise.
- Slightly brightened the blue of rare heirlooms to make them easier to read.
- Build speed percentage now properly updates right after getting a foreman.
3.11 - 3/25/16
- Strange resource-filled eggs have begun appearing in the world on occasion. It is rumoured that they have a rare chance to contain some pretty sweet stuff... (The eggs will disappear in about 1 week)
3.1 - 3/20/16
- Added two new repeatable challenges, both at Z180. One is geared more towards active players, and one is geared more toward idlers.
- The Bone Trader now offers Heirlooms
UI/Quality of Life
- Added a confirmation message when attempting to abandon a void map
- Added new setting to toggle between displaying the "Abandon Soldiers" message or automatically abandoning your soldiers when switching between maps and world with an active group of soldiers
- Added new setting to show extra information on Perks, such as cost of the next level and total Helium spent on that perk
- Assigned new color to the crit breakdown in the damage breakdown window, to help it stand out more as non-standard damage
- Added helium spent on each perk to the perk tooltip
- Added more info to the Balance challenge description, to help make it clear that Void Map helium counts toward the bonus helium granted by completing the challenge
- Auto toggle settings now persist through portal
- If a map ends while repeat map is on, but 'Abandon Soldiers' is toggled, the soldiers will be abandoned and the map will end.
- Added Zone and Map current cell number to the Zone/Map breakdown tooltip
- Added Helium/Hr to the helium resource box
- Enemies during the 'Nom' challenge no longer resurrect if they die at the same time as your trimps
- The 'Abandon Soldiers' toggle no longer persists through a save and reload (this was displaying as if it didn't save, but was still switching on soldier death if it had been toggled before the save)
- The right side of the scroll bar works again on smaller resolutions
3.0 - 3/6/16
- New (big) feature: Heirlooms. These have a 100% chance to drop when completing a Void Map (any time after your fifth portal).
- Added new statistic: Total Heirlooms Earned
- Added new statistic: Highest Void Map Completed
- Added new group of achievements for total heirlooms earned
- Void maps lower than Zone 60 are now easier to complete, but give less loot
- Void maps drop formula has been reworked a tiny bit to be more forgiving about pushing to a zone higher than optimal
- Void maps completed below Zone 60 now always use the value from Blimps when determining helium reward
UI/Quality of Life
- Pressing enter can now confirm and close most popups
- The confirmation button for perks now appears after removing a level as well.
- Achievements now continue to keep track of your bests after you've already earned all achievements for that type
- Added button to the Export popup for automatically copying the Save String to your clipboard, if your browser supports it
- The Export popup now preselects the Save String
- The Import popup now starts with the input area selected (and don't forget that enter can now confirm and close these for max efficiency!)
- You can now see crit chance and crit damage in the 'Attack Breakdown' that opens when you click your Trimps' attack
- Added fourth tier of flavor text to the achievements screen for having a ton of achievements
- Moved the information after breaking the planet to a tooltip, fixing some display issues
- Bone boosts and jest/chronoimp are now properly taking the Meditate challenge into account
2.9 - 2/21/16
- New feature: Void Maps. These will begin to drop from Bad Guys in the World (very rarely) after your fifth portal. All enemies in Void Maps have a random buff (decided by the map name prefix) and a high difficulty. Void Maps scale in level to your current zone number, growing in level as you progress through zones. Completing a Void Map will reward you with 2x the helium that you would get from completing your current zone, and will instantly destroy the map (you can save them for later zones for greater difficulty but greater reward). The buffs and the reward stack with repeatable helium challenges for a greater challenge but greater reward, if completed before the end of a challenge. Void maps must be completed in one session without returning back to the map chamber, or their progress will reset.
- If you can complete a Void Map above Zone 150, you will find a fancy new reward.
- AutoFight now triggers at 100% rather than 97.5%. The third toggle option from the 'Extra Breed Timer' setting has been removed. This means you will have extra Trimps breeding after each AutoFight send, which means your soldiers will always breed faster.
UI/Quality of Life
- Speedrun achievements no longer display on your first run ever, unless you accidentally complete one. This was causing some confusion, as it's tough to explain that the timer starts from portal before portal has been unlocked.
- The max resources breakdown was displaying packrat as 100% higher than it should have, and no longer does that.
- The max trimps breakdown was incorrect during the Size challenge, and has been corrected
2.82 - 2/7/16
- Added Scientist IV challenge at Z110
- Added repeatable helium challenge at Z40
UI/Quality of Life
- Added new stat for "Best Helium/Hour this Run". This will log your
highest helium/hour for your current run, as well as which zone you were at when it was at its highest.
- Some tweaks to the dark theme
- Map name breakdown icons are also now in the same order as the other map stats.
- If you have AutoSave enabled, the game will now save as soon as you pause
- Advanced map sliders/biome selection now persist through save and reset on portal
- MagnetoShriek now stays on Improbabilities if you switch to maps and back
2.811 - 1/28/16
UI/Quality of Life
- Some tweaks to the dark theme
- 'Crushed' icon now properly resets after completing the challenge.
- Removed Jestimp from loot averaging calculations. The Jestimp is just too random to be able to meaningfully average its loot, and was causing big spikes in numbers.
- Made a few other tweaks to the averaging calculations.
2.81 - 1/24/16
- New repeatable challenge at Z125
- New repeatable challenge at Z165
- Added 10 new story messages, up to Z170
- Buffed 'Tricky Paradise', the first map you earn at zone 6. Map biome has been changed to Gardens, difficulty has been reduced from 110% to 85%, and the size of the map has been increased from 40 to 45.
- Removed the cap on Coordinated
UI/Quality of Life
- Made some changes to the mechanics of the loot averaging setting. It now takes samples in 3 second chunks, causing the numbers to be less jumpy.
- Average loot setting now also works on Fragments
- Implemented the ability to switch themes, and added a new theme which was made by u/Grabarz19. You can find this theme in the setting used to switch to the black background.
- The Bone Trader now loads on Kongregate even if the API did not load, and instead gives a message on the bone trader that the API is not loaded.
- Changed the order on the advanced map stats setting so that it matches the order of the slider bars
- When using the settings 'From 100%' or 'From AutoFight' for displaying extra breed timer information, the primary default breeding timer will gain an extra decimal of precision.
- The item counter in maps now counts multiple tiers of the same item
- The breeding timers should now be more accurate
- Rewards from Chronoimp and Jestimp now count towards the loot averaging setting
- The bonus granted by Meditation now counts towards Chronoimp and Jestimp loot, as well as Bone Trader boosts
- Cleaned up a few lingering UI problems. The resource column that displays gems, fragments, and helium should remain lined up on all resolutions now. Also, the message log has had a few visual improvements.
- Fixed an issue with certain text colors not properly resetting on portal
- Dominance formation upgrade no longer has a random '50' in the middle of the description
2.8 - 1/10/16
- The new level 125 unique map that was added in 2.74 now has a reward or two. The reward for the unique map at Z125 also has a reward or two. The reward for the reward for the unique map at Z125 also has a reward or two. And so on. (Some infinitely scaling content).
- Recycling maps now refunds 1/4th of the base cost of its level in fragments (up from 1 fragment).
UI/Quality of Life
- Added a "Recycle Below" button to the maps screen. Clicking this button will recycle all maps that are a lower level than the set map creation level (after a confirmation message).
- Mousing over the Zone or Map Name Box now shows you how long you have been on your current zone as well as some info about your map if you're in maps.
- Added a new option, which allows you to toggle on or off extra
data on each map, so that you can tell what kind of map you made without selecting it.
- The tooltip solution from the last patch made them too large on
smaller resolutions, so they've been redesigned once again. The new default placement is very similar to where it was before (though better at staying on screen, and better size scaling for smaller resolutions), but there is also a new option (on the top row of settings, next to the disable tooltips), where you can change the default placement location.
- Now that the tooltips are more reliable, added real tooltips for formations.
- Also added real tooltips for all buff/debuff icons.
- Added an extra decimal of precision to the extra breed timer setting.
- Added a setting to disable the fade-in effect on UI elements.
- Added an experimental setting which takes the average last 2 minutes of food, wood, metal, and gems gained from loot, and adds them to display calculations for resources per second. This will give you a more accurate time estimation for storages filling and for tooltip time calculations if you are earning a bunch of loot from maps and the world.
- Keys from the prison now only drop the first time ever clearing The Prison. (they haven't done anything since they were dropped as a per run requirement to start Electricity).
- Pausing the game no longer ruins the helium per hour stat.
- Achievements should no longer flow out of the achievement window.
- The settings button tooltips are now much more stable in Firefox.
- Delete save works again.
2.751 - 1/4/16
UI/Quality of Life
- Added third toggle option to the secondary timer setting. You can now toggle between off, displaying the time to breed to 100%, or displaying the time to breed to the AutoFight threshold.
2.75 - 12/30/15
- Added new perk and challenge at zone 45
- Golimp fragment drop chance has increased from 10% to 20%
- Wormhole housing increase increased by 50%
- After completing Scientist I, you now also start the game with 10 traps.
- Presimpts have left until next year
UI/Quality of Life
- Added Pause setting. Clicking this will totally pause the game, halting everything including achievement timers and offline progress.
- Added setting to display total time required to breed a full group of Trimps on the Trimp breed bar.
- Added setting to disable alert popups when you unlock new things.
- Added setting to disable background image
- Removed settings' descriptions from underneath each setting, and moved them in to tooltips. (I needed more room for settings)
- Clicking the resource owned / max numbers for food, wood, and metal now displays a breakdown of how max resources are calculated.
- Rewrote the math for placing tooltips on the screen. They should no longer fall off the bottom or the right side in any situation.
2.74 - 12/17/15
- Gigastations now drop every 5 levels through zone 170, then transition to every 10 levels for 180+. (Up from transitioning to every 10 levels at 130. Extra Gigastations for all!)
- Completing the 'Nom' challenge now gives 3x helium, up from 2x.
- The spawn rate of Turkimps has been halved, but they are now a permanent bad guy.
- Presimpts have begun randomly appearing around the planet, giving out free resources. If you're lucky, you might even find a bone! Presimpts will be here for two weeks. For real this time.
- Titimps now stack up to 45 seconds, if you have some time left on one when you kill the next one (similar to how Turkimps work)
- Added new Unique Map which drops from Z125+ maps
- Added speed run achievements and a bunch of bad guys to the new map (there's no drop or challenge associated yet, but you just might find it worth farming)
UI/Quality of Life
- Statistics now update once per second if on the stats screen
- The Warpstation tooltip now shows you how many Warpstations you purchased before your last Gigastation
- Firefox update 43 has caused an issue with Trimps and users who have disabled 3rd party cookies. While I can't override Firefox security settings, there is now a check for this on load, and a message informing you how to fix it if this issue is preventing saving/loading.
- Alerts on new drops no longer disappear when you get a drop in the same category
- Mapology now properly unlocks at reaching zone 150, instead of on clearing zone 150.
2.721 - 12/3/15
UI/Quality of Life
- Shieldblock has been added to the list of scary purchases if you have been further than zone 30. This means that it will make a confirmation pop-up if you have the scary purchase setting enabled.
- Speed run achievements now unlock one map in to the future. Eg: On your first playthrough, you can see achievements for Speed: The Wall once you are a high enough level to unlock The Block
- The details of each speed run achievement can now be viewed even before the previous tier has been unlocked. Eg: You can now see the time required for the pink Prison speed run achievements before finishing the green ones.
- Added option to toggle off the confirmation message at the bone trader
- The fight tooltip Trimp number is now prettier
- Combat log trimp death numbers are now prettier
- Purchasing new equipment with points in 'Coordinated' while in combat now properly updates your stats without Trimps needing to die first
- The fight tooltip Trimp number is now correct when you have points in Coordinated
- The display number for science is no longer incorrect when gathering there with 'Well Fed' active
- The zone indicator box no longer says that you have a map bonus directly after a portal (this was a display issue only)
- If you make it back up to 60 without refreshing after portalling, your last used formation no longer displays as active (this was a display issue only)
- Zone achievements now unlock at the proper level (instead of one early)
- Portal achievements now unlock at the proper portal (instead of one late)
- Resource timers should no longer ever say "60 seconds" in any situation
- Time until max on resources no longer shows anything if full
- While not a change, I just wanted to inform everyone that the Turkimps will stick around for a few more weeks. I like the mechanic, others have expressed that they liked the mechanic, and I am looking for a good way to make it a permanent feature before carving them out.
2.72 - 11/28/15
- Added 111 achievements!
- Added new statistic - Total Gems Earned
- The wall now has a named Boss
- Fixed issue with "Planets Broken" stat.
- Fixed issue where an extra space would sometimes weasel its way in to the numbers underneath upgrades. Eg: ( +2) instead of (+2)
2.71 - 11/23/15
- Added new challenge/perk at Zone 115.
- Turkimps now spawn more frequently.
- The Map Bonus Indicator on the Maps Button no longer shows information from last run if you portal from a map.
2.701 - 11/20/15
- Best helium/hour stat should now always properly save.
- Whipimp and Venimp were displaying their percentages incorrectly, and were talked to about it.
- Lengths of time greater than 60 seconds in the tooltips are now more accurate.
- The Bone Trader button now updates after spending bones.
2.7 - 11/18/15
- Turkimps are running wild around the Trimp home world. You'll find one about every other zone. They're tasty.
- The rewards from the slow challenge have been improved
- Story messages now go up to 145 (11 new ones)
- Within the next week, there will be a new late game challenge/perk
UI / Quality of Life Stuff:
- Statistics now store for total and for current run! Current run stats will start for your game as soon as you refresh on this patch, and all old stats will be moved to the total tab.
- Total Helium Earned in stats no longer counts helium spent on Wormholes. A separate stat has been added to see how much you spend on Wormholes.
- Whipimps and Venimps now display the total amount that they're helping you out by, rather than just saying 0.3%.
- Bone Trader button now shows how many bones you have
- Reworked how tooltips handle infinity. It's less obnoxious now
- Biome is now saved with the other custom map settings
- Added indicator for how many map bonus stacks you've earned, which is visible while you're inside maps.
- The Map Chamber zone indicator (the grey box in the top left that shows zone level and stuff) now always shows current zone number and map bonus %.
- Updated this update log, that counts right?
- Titimp now responds properly to purchasing new weapons while he is active
- The timers in tooltips were off by one second. They now say there's one second left when there's actually one second left
- 'Map Loot' in the loot break down was showing 100% higher than it should have, and is not doing that any more.
- Bone trader 'Buy Portal' description is now 73% more accurate
- Fixed floating point error that had infiltrated the custom number box, and would occasionally cause large numbers to be slightly less than intended.
2.601 - 11/6/15
- Created some more room by the Trimps stats in the battle window. This should prevent buffs from falling in to two lines on smaller resolutions.
- Used a different shade of grey for buffs/debuffs to make them stand out better
- Map slider values now save for your session
- The bonus from Titimp now correctly applies to weapons purchased before the current fighting group of Trimps dies
- Quick Trimps and Golden Maps bone trader options now properly reset back to being purchasable after using the portal without requiring a page refresh
- Added "Best He/Hour All Runs" statistic. This won't show up until your first portal after this patch.
- Pressing 1-4 while holding control/command no longer changes formations
2.6 - 11/4/15
- Added new challenge at Z130 with a new type of reward
- Added new repeatable challenge at Z145
- If you can't afford a particular resource, the tooltip now shows you the time until you have enough, instead of a percentage above 100. If you can afford the resource, you still see the percentage of your owned resources that the item will take like before.
- Added little tiny present icon near the bad guy stats box. Clicking this little present icon brings up a breakdown of how loot is calculated, which was also added today. You can use the buttons at the top to switch between food/wood/metal, gems, and fragments.
- Your map repeat setting now carries over through portals
- Added support for the numpad to switch formations
- Added new words for when Trimps and bad guys die in the message log
- Scientist Challenges now show up on the recently added preview screen
- Pumpkimps have gone in to hiding until next year. Don't worry though, there will be something for Thanksgiving later this month!
2.51 - 10/30/15
- Note: There will also be a content patch within the next week! However, this stuff didn't need balance testing and I figured people would want it ASAP, so here you go!
- Added statistics! Better late than never, right? If there are more stats you'd like to see, let me know! Some of the stats have been recording for a while, some of them are starting fresh today. I can also now easily add new ones!
- On the portal screen, you can now see one challenge in to the future. You won't be able to see the description or rewards until it is unlocked, but you'll be able to see the name and how you unlock it. This will hopefully make it easier to set goals for runs!
- Fixed display of fight control buttons when running a map on smaller screen resolutions so they don't get pushed out of the window
- Alert icons should no longer push stuff where it shouldn't go on smaller resolutions
- The game now recovers from your computer going to sleep with more grace
2.5 - 10/21/15
- For the next couple of weeks, Pumpkimps have infiltraded the world and maps. They Trick or Treat.
- New Mechanic: Map Bonus - Whenever you complete a max level map (if your highest zone this run is 40, you need to do a level 40 map), you will gain a 20% stacking additive damage bonus to your Trimps in the world (stacks up to 10 times). This bonus is cleared when you travel to the next zone. This bonus is available at every level!
- Added Scientist III challenge to zone 90!
- Barrier formation now also reduces the amount of block that enemies can pierce when the planet is broken by half (from 20% to 10%).
- Added 4 new Exotic Imports! 3 live in maps, one lives in the world.
- Magnimp (world) - Each time a Magnimp dies, a powerful magnetic field forms around your Trimps, increasing the amount of resources gained when looting in maps or zones by 0.3%. This works like the Looting perk, but compounds and does not work on helium.
- Jestimp (maps) - Each time a Jestimp dies, black magic surges through the air and instantly grants 45 seconds of production for either Food, Wood, Metal, Gems, Fragments, or Science, chosen randomly. This works like the boosts where currently assigned workers are used in the calculation, but this scales with map loot bonuses, motivation, and looting. (Exactly 45 seconds of real production * loot bonuses)
- Chronoimp (maps) - Each time a Chronoimp dies, a space-time anomaly forms which instantly grants 5 seconds of production for Food, Wood, Metal, Science, Gems (if Dragimps are unlocked), and Fragments (if explorers are unlocked). This calculates the same way as Jestimp.
- Titimp (maps) - Each time a Titimp falls, your Trimps are blessed with the gift of the Titimp which increases their damage by 100% for 30 seconds. This effect is lost when leaving maps, and refreshes duration if another Titimp is killed.
- Added toggle option to switch to the old equipment prestige unlock order. Who am I to say which order is best? Do it yourself! 'Equipment First' means that all of one type of equipment will drop first (Shield II -> Shield III -> Shield IV, old method), 'Tier First' means that a whole tier will drop before moving to the next (Shield II -> Dagger II -> Boots II, new method). Changing this option applies to the next map that is generated.
- Battle Territory Bonus and Tauntimp messages in the log now take Carpentry in to account when showing the amount of Trimps gained. This did not change any actual calculations or gameplay, just the display in the message log.
- Added time until full timer for Trimps breeding.
- Speedscience no longer drops during Scientist challenges. After the challenge is completed, you'll get them back.
2.401 - 10/12/15
- Cleaned up an issue with Agility, increasing speed a tiny bit and making the calculation more accurate to the description
- The health bonus from Geneticists now calculates based off of the lowest amount of Geneticists you had while that group of Trimps was breeding. For example, if you buy 100 Geneticists for most of the breed time, then buy 300 more at the very end to try to boost health, your Trimps will only get credit for 100. This should remove the need to buy a ton of Geneticists, then fire them for each group of soldiers.
2.4 - 10/7/15
- Added new challenge at Zone 120, and added new perk as a reward. It's a pretty sweet perk, if I do say so myself.
- Added new togglable option to lock out all upgrades, buildings, equipment, and jobs for 1 second after unlocking something new. This will help people who go to click something right as something new unlocks, and end up buying the wrong thing. This option defaults to off.
- The custom number button now includes support for typing things such as "5e6" or "5M" to quickly get 5 million.
- Pressing enter while the custom number menu is up now submits that number.
- Tooltips now update the price percentage and affordability colors in real time.
- Tauntimp now grants 0.3% extra max Trimps instead of 1/3rd of Zone number.
- Feyimps now can spawn starting at world 1.
- Housing structure tooltips now include Carpentry in their calculations
- Job tooltips now include Motivation in their calculations
- Gigastation now drops every 10 levels starting at 140 and continuing until the end of time.
- Improved the message log. Scrolling up a bit now stops the log from auto scrolling down each time something is added.
- Equipment upgrades from maps now unlock in order.
- The bonus to storage size granted by packrat has been doubled, from 10% per level to 20% per level.
2.32 - 10/1/15
- Reduced the penalty for running maps lower than your current zone level. Before, the loot was reduced by 20% per level from the average gain at that level. Now, you will see only a strict 20% reduction per level and higher rewards.
- Updated description for Goblimp and Feyimp to reflect new values (higher than before)
2.31 - 9/26/15
- Added new challenge at zone 100
- Unique maps now display as green if you haven't earned the unique upgrade that they offer yet. After you earn the upgrade, they turn back to red. This should help to remember to get Portal and Bounty.
- Picking a biome in the map creator now increases total cost by 2X, down from 4X.
2.3 - 9/23/15
- Added new challenge at zone 70
- Added new perk from new challenge
- Added new job at 70 that synergizes with the new perk.
- Loot rewards now give about 3.5 seconds worth of production for food, wood, and metal before looting/map loot bonuses (5 seconds after zone 100). The 3.5 seconds is average across all of your gathering Trimps, so it won't be exactly 3.5 seconds depending on your ratio of farmers/lumberjacks/miners. Map loot goes by your average resource gain at the level of the map, but will decrease by 20% for every level lower than your world the map is. This is a buff to some zones, not a buff for others, but map loot is now stable and meaningful throughout the game. This is hopefully the final zone/map resource overhaul.
- Gem loot from maps, world, and imps now also increased to always stay close to tributes.
- Added boss to Trimple Of Doom who drops 4x food compared to a normal square, but is stronger than a Snimp.
- You no longer have to clear The Prison every single run in order to unlock Electricity. One time is enough.
- Buildings, jobs, and upgrades unlock to the same position they would go to on save load. Rearranged some buildings and upgrades to keep them close to like-minded individuals.
- Added hotkeys for formations. You can now press X, H, D, B, or 1, 2, 3, 4 to switch.
- Added colors to perks based on purchasability
- Changed the way numbers display when purchasing perks. If you have 6 levels in a perk already confirmed then go to add 1 more, instead of saying "0 (+7)" like before, it will show "7 (+1)". The first number will be the total level after you press confirm, and the parenthesized number will be how many are not yet confirmed.
- Perk price no longer displays in the tooltip if you're at the max
- Made a few alignment tweaks with the UI
- The Save Import feature now can detect and remove whitespace and line breaks automatically, fixing issues for some people who were saving their export in weird text editors or emailing their saves and stuff.
- Added indicator to the save button which lets you know at a glance if autosave is on or off
- Added Gigastation to the list of "dangerous upgrades", so like wormhole it now has a confirmation popup that can be disabled in the settings.
- Almost every addition in this patch is a suggestion from the communities at Reddit and Kongregate. You guys are awesome and keep me motivated to continue giving this game love. Thanks for all of the support.
2.213 - 9/14/15
- Added a third mode for the progress bar setting called "Performance Bars". This setting will still display the bars, but disable the smooth animation. This will bring the CPU load down to about the same as disabling the bars if you need it, but you can still see them if that's your thing.
2.212 - 9/12/15
- Added new option to disable progress bar animations
- Optimized the number and bar updating from battles to reduce CPU usage
- Added a confirmation pop-up to Wormholes, and added an option to disable this confirmation if you don't like it.
- Added some placeholder '0's to the time since last portal clock
- A few bug fixes for small display issues
2.211 - 9/12/15
- The tooltips setting now includes formations, and the description has been changed to say that it affects button tooltips
- Added option to disable the menu number formatting I added in the last patch
- Made the settings button text more visible on laptop resolutions
2.21 - 9/11/15
- I didn't change the What's New button color because I like this one and think it's pretty obvious there was a patch.
- Added 'Settings' button to the bar at the bottom. Click it to show/hide some extra settings
- Added 3 new settings and moved autosave, notation, and delete save to settings menu. I can now easily add more settings and options to this menu, let me know if there's something you'd like to be able to turn off or on! (Not including people, sorry)
- Building and job numbers are now formatted
- Added time since last portal counter
- Using bones on helium now properly adds the helium to the total helium earned counter
2.2 - 9/9/15
- Changed icons for a few items
- While a few items from maps and the world had descriptions or titles when you moused over them before, now everything does!
- Further increased loot rewards from 60+ maps. The map you're running must be within 3 levels of the zone you're on to receive this bonus.
- Added a new Unique Map which can be found in any level 80+ normal map
- Clearing the new Unique Map will unlock a new, longer, hopefully awesome challenge. This challenge is repeatable and rewards helium instead of a perk. The new map must be cleared each run in order to activate the challenge.
- Gymystic now drops once every 25 zones from 75-150
- Gigastations now drop every 5 zones from 90-130 (Up from every 10 zones through 120)
- Gave some more space to the custom button
- Rewrote the Agility perk tooltip to hopefully make more sense
2.111 - 9/3/15
- Bug fix for total helium earned counter
2.11 - 9/2/15
- Added 'Scientist II' challenge to Zone 50, allowing upgrade to the new and shiny Mk. III Portal
- Added total helium earned counter to portal and view perks menus
- Respeccing your perks no longer automatically clears all of your perks. Added a 'Clear All' button to the respec screen. (You can now just remove points from one perk without wiping everything if you want)
- The 'Custom' number button has been split in half. The left half, when clicked, will automatically switch to the last custom number you entered without the input popup. The right half will bring up the input popup like before.
- Food, wood, and metal that drop from the world and maps are now more plentiful. This new number takes your maximum Trimp population in to account when scaling loot rewards, to try and stay valuable compared to gathering. This is not yet perfect at every stage of the game (still a little low late game), but is a good starting place and I will be continuing to work on it over the next few weeks.
- Boosted map loot rewards from most of the unique maps
- Added extra tooltips where people were looking for extra info
2.1 - 8/25/15
- Added 4 new upgrades to maps between Zones 18 and 47, all of which boost housing
- After the first time you ever complete Dimension of Anger, you will automatically receive helium for each Blimp at Zone 21 and above. You will still have to clear Dimension of Anger to unlock portal, but will no longer miss helium if you AFK through 20+
- If you do not have enough Max Trimps for Coordination, the message now lets you know how short you are.
- Tauntimp is no longer fast, and now attacks second.
- Added shiny loot text for exotic imports, and you can now continue to see the imports already unlocked from inside the bone trader screen.
- Added new challenge which is available the first time you unlock Portal, and added new cheap/low level perk as reward.
- The Metal challenge now unlocks at 25 instead of on your second Portal
- Renovated the layout of the Portal/Challenge screen
- Challenges are now grey after they've been completed
- In the View Perks menu while on a challenge, you can now see which challenge you are on and what you're supposed to do
- You can now purchase more than 1 perk at a time
- You can now remove 1 or more levels of a perk that has been added since your last commit (if you make a mistake, you can remove that point without starting over)
- If you do not have enough max Trimps for Coordination, the button will grey out, and the information about how many Trimps you need is now placed in the tooltip instead of a log message.
- Gigastation now drops less frequently past zone 70, and stops at zone 120 to allow room for new content
- Bug fixes
2.01 - 8/23/15
- Bug fixes
- Some slight balance tweaks to enemy damage/hp scale rate past 60 and the new housing unit
2.0 "Broken Planet" - 8/22/15
- Your scientists have detected an anomaly at the end of Zone 59. Destroying the anomaly will wreak havoc on your planet.
- New Zone 60+ content including 8 new upgrades, a huge shift in battle mechanics, 3 "formations", a new challenge/perk, a new infinitely upgradable housing building, and vastly increased rewards at the end of each zone.
- Removed the cap on the custom number button, made the game much faster at handling and calculating large purchases
- Soldier Trimps can now pick up new equipment in between battles to gain benefit without having to die first
- Redesigned the battle info panel to be way easier to read and hopefully look nicer with no overlap on all screen sizes
- Your highest amount of helium earned in one portal is now stored and offered as a replacement to the old Bone Trader Helium calculation once that number is higher. This updates after using the portal, and does not include helium spent on Wormholes
- The last Gymystic drop is now at 55. The later ones have been replaced by more exciting things.
- Added 17 new story messages
- Bone trader window now opens instantly instead of fading in
- Added icons for Bad guys that have first srike or other active bonuses.
- Some text and spacing fixes in the log
- Bug fixes
1.1 - 8/15/15
- Added information to max trimps. Click your total Trimps to see this information.
- Prestiging your equipment now includes the cost of the level 1 item, and reduces the equipment to level 1 instead of 0.
- New upgrade for Gyms drops at zone 25, and then every 5 levels after that. If you were at or past zone 25 when this patch came out, the appropriate amount of upgrades will be unlocked for you automatically.
- Added new housing building to zone 50 maps.
1.096 - 8/13/15
- Note: I'm working on a lot of 'quality of life' and UI patches this week. I'm waiting for the dust to settle from the two new perks, then I'll be shifting back towards content additions where they are needed
- You can now see how long it will take for your storages to fill up
- Changed some of the color shades of the progress bars to make text easier to read
- Redid the design of the buildings queue to no longer use a progress bar. This gives some extra space to the large menu below it, and is hopefully way less obnoxious once your building speed gets high.
- Made buttons more readable
1.095 - 8/12/15
- Added stat breakdown for Block, Attack and Health, which can be opened by clicking your Trimps' block, attack or health.
- Completing the Scientist challenge now gives one additional reward. If you have already completed this challenge, you don't need to do it again.
- Buildings progress bar now properly resets after portal
1.094 - The Next Day But Still Technically 8/10/15
- Added a ton of information if you click the "+#/sec" text for food, wood, metal, science, gems, fragments, and trimps. If you haven't used the portal since 1.093, these numbers may or may not be slightly inaccurate until you portal.
- Speedminer no longer drops during the Metal challenge. If you abandon or complete the challenge, you'll instantly unlock all of the books you missed.
- Wormhole now spawns at 37 instead of 35 and has bold text in the tooltip warning that it costs helium.
- Made it more obvious that the reset button is a hard-reset
- The "Maps/World" button now takes you to the Map Chamber instead of The World if you're in a map when you click it.
- Fixed issue with buildings queue not properly refunding certain items in stacks
- The number of Trimps fighting no longer prematurely updates when purchasing coordination
- You no longer sometimes lose a random group of available Trimps when purchasing coordination
- Switching from the maps chamber to maps or the world will properly update your stats before the battle begins if auto-battle is off.
1.093 - 8/10/15
- Relentlessness no longer shows that you crit if your Trimps die before getting the crit off.
- If you try to purchase more workers than your currently available workspaces, the game will now attempt to fill your workspaces out (if you can still afford the resource cost) instead of just failing.
- Increased the amount of gems from maps and Dragimps (the ones that spawn in zones). Feyimp is now closer to 10X a gem square from a map of the same level when taking into account all factors. This won't ever be exactly 10x, as the loot bonus varies between maps.
- Bug fixes
1.092 - 8/9/15
- Added new challenge which becomes accessible once you've reached zone 40. This gives something different than a perk.
- Added confirmation tooltip to the 'abandon challenge' button.
1.091 - 8/7/15
- Added bone trader to Kongregate. See the forums for more details.
1.09 - 8/6/15
- Added two 'Challenges'. The first is unlocked at your second portal, the second is unlocked at 35. Now that the groundwork has been done, if people enjoy these I will make more.
- Added two new perks as rewards for the challenges.
1.081 - 8/4/15
- Cleared out many of the smaller bugs that have been around for a while, such as the map borders sticking, certain numbers not resetting after portal, and other small fixes. Thank you to everyone on Kongregate and Reddit who have been reporting bugs.
- Reworded Relentlessness tooltip
- The Block now drops from level 11 maps, regardless of shield level. The block is now a level 11 map, but the difficulty has been reduced so it should feel about the same, but give more loot
- Packrat now gives 10% storage space per level, up from 5.
1.08 - 8/1/15
- You can now spend leftover helium in the 'View Perks' menu without using a respec. I'm sorry it hasn't always been like this.
- Added new type of building to maps at or around 23
- Added some more information to tooltips
- Added new Unique Map with a new type of drop to 33
- Recycling a map no longer clears your advanced map settings
- Gems and fragments now generate while offline
- Wormhole now teleports your Trimps to planets capable of housing more Trimps, and has been redesigned by top scientists to use less helium
- New rare bad guys, Skeletimp and Megaskeletimp now roam the worlds. They'll drop something fun soon.
- Added a few more story messages
- Standardized the first map you receive
1.07 - 7/25/15
- Maps created are categorized as loot instead of notices
- New late game housing building
- Mansions now give +10 max Trimps, up from +8
- Wood and food cost on houses has been swapped. It felt like wood was too high in demand when houses are being built. It still makes sense, you need food in houses for them to eat and stuff.
- Gems now drop in higher quantities at higher frequencies from maps.
- Hotels now appear a level earlier
- Reduced the prestige scaling cost of equipment
- Added a new thing around zone 15 from maps
- Coordination requires 3x your current soldiers, down from 4. Added more info to the message stating how many Trimps you need for the next level if you can't afford it.
- Added new perk that increases fight speed, but has a cap. It gives -5% speed that compounds/deprecates each time. At the cap (20 stacks), it will increase fight speed by 65%.
1.06 - 7/22/15
- Fragments are now categorized as loot instead of upgrades
- Fragment drops scale based on zone
- Cost of creating maps scales based on level being created
- Loot, size, difficulty, and biome can now be adjusted, granting less randomness for extra fragments.
- Remade the buttons in the maps select area to eat up less space and look nicer on more resolutions
- Workspaces text now fits on one line on hopefully all resolutions
1.05 - 7/21/15
- Added new upgrade that teaches foremen how to be less lazy when there's nothing to build.
- Custom number field gets automatically preselected, pressing the escape key closes tooltips (Thanks to Stevie-O!)
- Added new bad guy to watery regions.
- Fixed the map repeat and auto fight buttons not properly resetting.
1.04 - 7/18/15
- Added ability to create maps at different levels. Note that I am still working on an optional, more advanced map creation UI and better filters/recycling, but I finished this part and figured people would enjoy it, so here it is!
- Seirimp's loot has been brought down just a hair to make it feel less like you have to farm mountains. Once the advanced maps UI is in place and it's easier to get a map you want, I will add more farmable bad guys to specific biomes.
1.03 - 7/16/15
- Added new perk - Packrat - which increases the amount of stuff you can fit in Barns, Forges, and Sheds.
- Added new bad guy to mountainous regions
- Added a few new housing options for all you late gamers
- Weapon damage now scales closer to health when prestiging your equipment. This change should apply retroactively!
1.02 - 7/14/15
- Added more information about prestiges to the upgrade tooltips. I want to see if this helps retain the strategy of choosing when to prestige without getting surprised.
- Added more maps that drop food and wood
- Added Grimps to guard the forests, just in case
- Different bad guys have different stats, bosses have some extra health
- Fixed bug with Tribute
- Fixed issue causing metal to randomly reset to 0
- The custom number field now remembers the last number you put in it
- Fixed import/export box being off screen on some resolutions
1.01 - 7/13/15
- Increased spawn rate of resources in maps
- Added option to reset your portal bonuses. You can reset once per run.
- Clicking cancel after choosing portal bonuses reverts your selections.
- Fixed a lot of bugs and exploits
1.0 - 7/12/15
- Bumped up the rewards from battle a bit.
- So many bug fixes
- Fixed an issue with upgrades not spawning in the right spot
- Fixed a bug with post-upgrade shields, reduced value a bit
- Buildings queue handles multiple purchases much more gracefully
- Fixed prestige values and costs
- Messages are color coded a little better now. I think these colors stand out well on the background and are easy to read, but if someone has trouble reading them let me know.
- Added offline progress for food, wood, and metal.
- Changed barns, sheds, and forge to increase your max by 100%, price is the same.
- Switched back to tabs for the purchase area. The filters didn't really make sense here.
- Bug fixes
- Added a new way to get block after world 10. I don't want to spoil it. But it's there.
- Added a few more soft reset rewards
- Finished implementing soft reset. Finally.
- All of the content additions I had planned are now implemented. The next few days will be all balance and bug fixes before 1.0
- Increased later game block upgrades, lowered growth rate of Gym cost.
- Implemented most of the soft reset rewards.
- Added a 'boss' mob to the end of certain worlds. He drops extra stuff.
- Added ability to give loot drops to certain mobs. Dragimps now drop some gems.
- Numbers lower than 10,000 no longer turn into K. It was actually longer.
- Added support for unrecyclable story maps. Added 1 unique map that cannot be recycled.
- Added button that allows maps to repeat automatically.
- Improved battle control buttons. Repeat maps and AutoBattle buttons now show as green when enabled, red when disabled.
- Fixed bug that was causing stacked upgrades to not properly display how many stacks there were.
- Completely rewrote formulas for equipment prestiging. Shield still needs a little love (I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with it yet), but the numbers and costs should scale nicely throughout the game now.
- More balance tweaks
- Not every upgrade earned from maps has to spawn in the last cell any longer. There will now be more than 1 upgrade in some maps, which should give players a little more freedom should they not want to grind the same level map 4 times.
- Reduced the wait time to start a new cell if Trimps win a fight (from 1 second to 0.1 seconds). It now takes 1.1 seconds to move through a cell if you one shot the bad guy, down from 2
- The attack, damage, block, and status bars of the battle screen now properly update when loading a new game or switching to exponential notation
- Spent some time with my monitor resolution set as low as it would go and made the new layout compatible with smaller monitors. If the game does not display right on your monitor, please let me know your resolution and browser and I will fix it!
- Redesigned the map chamber. I'll come back later and see if I can color it up a bit, but it's way less confusing and way more functional now.
- Map chamber now also shows the amount of items available from each map as well as the map's native resource
- Fixed the grid display issues for real in maps.
- Scientific notation now uses less space and looks better
- New job: explorer
- Thar be Dragimps... a new upgrade, world unlock, and structure
- Random Death Text
- Battle grid now uses lists instead of a table. This should hopefully fix issues with areas not properly displaying.
- Game now switches automatically to exponential notation instead of "++" if numbers get too high (Thanks CuAnnan!)
- Added settings button to swap from standard to exponential notation
- Equipment can now be purchased in bulk
- Added 'custom' number button to purchasing options
- Rearranged the buttons for battle control
- Different map locations now have different types of primary resources. Mountains have metal, forests have wood, etc.
- Added new enemy types and defined new map locations for them
- Fixed issues with Internet Explorer
- Numerous small bug fixes
- Added a check to make sure that save files were properly written, and an alert for the player if a problem is detected
- Rewrote the way the game calculates prices for purchases of more than 1 item at a time, hopefully causing way less lag
- Made the tabs in the "Buy Column" function similarly to those of the message log.
- Old messages now get pruned, hopefully causing less lag
- Structures can now be purchased in bulk, with the exception of Forge, Shed, and Barn.
- Equipment has found a new home
- "Buy Column" buttons waste less space
- Messages waste less space
- Other things I forgot to write down
- Barn, forge, and shed have been rethought. Each structure costs 25% of your current maximum of the resource it increases (barns cost 25% of your max food, etc), and they increase that resource by 50%
- Major balance changes. Coordination no longer doubles, but scales at a rate of +10%, rounded up.
- Resources earned from battle are balanced in the long run, though they are way too prevalent early game
- Added some more foundation for increased mob types
- Fragments work more like currency now
- Lots of framework changes to help make balance easier
0.06 - 5/30/15
- Fixed bug where structures earned in maps were unlocking more often than intended
- Fixed Battleaxe prestige bug
- Added 2 new housing structures to maps
- Added 2 new upgrades (for the 2 new housing structures) to maps
- Added a new bad guy, "Shrimp", which only spawns in maps that sound watery. They do nothing special, but they work.
- The breeding Trimps counter works at numbers higher than 1000 now
- Added a check when buying the "Coordination" upgrade. Said check will not allow you to purchase the upgrade if you do not have a high enough maximum population to battle with it.
- You can no longer fight your way into negative employed Trimps
- Added numbers to Jobs. You can click them to buy or sell more or less workers.
- Reduced the exponential growth rate of job costs (they're cheaper later in the game now, you can buy more scientists and stuff)
0.05 - 5/28/15
- I reset saves again. I'm sorry, but it had to be done, and I warned you! However, getting to World 5 should be much quicker than before due to some new balance tweaks.
- In case you didn't notice, the UI is different. It's not totally done, but it's progress. I still haven't tested it on every screen size, but it's pretty responsive. If it doesn't work on your screen, zoom out, zoom in, or resize the window until it looks good as a temporary fix, then let me know what size screen you have and I'll fix it ASAP. Screens lacking in height may have some trouble.
- Added maps system. After World 5, you'll start to find maps. The maps will generate with a level equal to the world you found them in. Maps have random names (though the names don't have any effect on gameplay), and they randomly generate size, difficulty, and a loot bonus within a range. You can find cool stuff in them, and I hope they're fun.
- Maps can be recycled. Each recycled map gives you a map fragment. Once you get 3 map fragments, the game will generate a random map at the level of your current world.
- Add new resource, Gems. Gems can be found by running maps, and are required for most upgrades found in maps. The higher the level of map, and the higher the loot bonus, the more gems you'll receive.
- Added room for 2 more new resources. I haven't decided what they'll be yet, but they'll be sweet.
- Added new building, Mansion. The schematic for Mansion can be found by running maps.
- Added equipment prestiging. Starting with level 6 maps, you'll be able to unlock a prestige for all of the equipment earned in World 1. Level 7 unlocks World 2 equipment prestiges. Level 11 unlocks World 1 equipment prestiges again. The game has infinite equipment content now, hurray! (Balance not guaranteed to be good)
- Added an upgrade to double the breeding speed of your Trimps, unlocked every 5th world.
- Tooltip costs now show in green if you can afford that particular ingredient, and red if you cannot.
- Added new message category and filter for "Notices". Notices show up in red in your chat log, and are generally important. I wouldn't recommend filtering out notices.
- Trimps breed a teensy bit faster.
- Bad guys hit a teensy bit softer.
- Equipment is less powerful, but has gone down in price. The ratio of resource to stat points is still relatively the same, but slightly higher on the stat point side. (You get more stat points per resource spent now)
- I again adjusted the resource rewards from battle. This is proving really tough to balance for some reason. Why did Jimmy P. Incrementalgameson (father of incremental games) make balance so difficult for developers?
- Progress bars now go all the way across before resetting.
- Added alert icon when you unlock something new. This goes away after a mouseover.
- All known tooltip/text/grammatical errors are fixed. If you notice more, let me know. Please note that many of the upgrade names are a WIP
- Equipment unlocks at the bottom of the equipment menu, but the menu scrolls down when something new is unlocked. People didn't like it adding stuff at the top for some reason. I'm not sure if this is better, but it's fun to test things.
- I'm putting maps again because they took a long time to develop and probably nobody will read this anyway. If you're reading this, hi.
- Numerous other small bug fixes
0.04 - 5/22/15
- Made game slightly less angry when tabbing back in after being in the background for a long time. Still have work to do on this, but it should no longer be crashing.
0.03 - 5/20/15
- Added auto-loading functionality
- Added reset button
- Fixed tooltip errors
- Made game look much better on smaller monitors
- Numbers larger than 999 get down with division
- Made save string smaller
- Resource rewards from battling now scale at a (hopefully) more appropriate rate
0.02 - 5/15/15
- Due to heavy balance changes and content additions, saves were reset. Sorry :(
- Started writing down updates
- Moved log to bottom
- Added filters to the chat log. Click to turn on or off.
- Added icons to the start of each message to make stuff more noticeable by your eyeballs.
- All text inside the log is black (for now). I may change the icon colors in the log based on the type of text, but I can worry about that later.
- Left menu buttons are all on the right side
- Lined up left menu text
- Re-positioned some elements to feel less strange before everything is unlocked
- Structures queue no longer stacks items together.
- Added 'seconds' to structures queue progress bar
- Structures queue progress bar now shows the correct amount of time remaining after finding one or more foremen
- Removed feature that changed background color of elements when the player is gathering.
- Gather/chop/mine/build/research buttons are now replaced with text if you're already gathering there, this should prevent confusion with people expecting to have to spam click in order to gather.
- Added some icons to the gathering text for food, wood, and metal. I like that they make it easier to see where you're gathering, but I don't know if I actually like them. I don't have room for them on the left menu, so I'm undecided what I'm going to do there.
- Moved a lot of stuff around in the battle section.
- 'Bad Guys' are gone. Instead, I have added a few random enemies with weird names (there will be more later, with different enemies for different worlds, etc). The randomized enemies have slightly different attack and health modifiers depending on who you're fighting.
- The new enemies have a new stat which determines if they attack first or second. Certain enemies (by name) are faster than others. Half of the enemies will attack first, half will attack second. The animations (for now) still show both attacks at the same time, but the difference is noticeable if the faster opponent gets a killing blow.
- Removed Medic (for now)
- Added new stat, 'block', which only applies to Trimps (for now). By progressing through the battle system, you will unlock a structure that increases block by a flat number per Trimp. Later in the battle system, you'll unlock a Job that increases your total block # by 10% each. The flat number acts as a wood sink, the % acts as a food sink. I'm interested to see how people feel about this mechanic
- Save strings get compressed to base64
- Added import/export buttons (and added code that makes them do stuff)
- Added a handful of new upgrades. The goal is to eventually have more than one upgrade available at any time, to force you to make decisions. The game is not at this point yet, but it is closer than last week.
- You can now see a numerical representation of what World you're currently on. I plan to eventually add a randomized world naming system, but this is good enough for now.
- Made tooltips render a little bit higher. Hopefully this should fix the issue some people were having where tooltips were generating below the screen. If you still have a problem with this, please let me know what your screen resolution is and I'll try my very hardest to fix it better!
- Completely rewrote the game loop in order to support the game running in a background tab. I have never done anything like this, it was very scary (there's randomization in the battles, and the timing relies on breeding speed so there was a lot that could go wrong), but it SEEMS to be working fine. I haven't had a ton of time to really thoroughly test this, but please let me know if you notice a problem with it.
- Clicking 'load' now resets the game first instead of just adding a second copy of everything to the screen.I have tested this a decent amount, but there could still be some bugs with the reset function. If you notice bugs after loading during a live game, let me know, refresh, then load again.
- Enemy attack is lower, enemy health is higher, Trimp breeding speed is lower, equipment benefits are higher (and there is now a block mechanic, described above). This should keep the game moving at about the same pace as before, but prevent reaching a point where you start getting one shot and frustrated.
- Added 'fire' button to jobs menu. This allows you to redistribute your workers. You will not receive a resource refund for firing a worker, but the price of the next worker of that type will go back down as if you had never purchased it.
- Increased the amount of equipment in game. I tried really hard to tune it right, but I would really really love some feedback on the tuning.
- A few other random surprises