Trimps that aren't working will begin to reproduce as long as there are at least two. The exception is during the Trapper challenge, where Trimps are unable to breed.
The base reproduction rate is 0.0085. The following factors increase the rate of breeding:
- Number of unemployed Trimps
- Potency upgrades
- Venimps (Exotic Imp-ort)
- Pheromones perk
- Heirloom (Shield)
- Quick Trimps (Bone Trader)
The following factors reduce the rate of breeding:
- Broken Planet
- Void Gas (Only during Poisonous Void Maps)
- Toxicity stacks (Only during Toxicity)
- Dyfunctional (Daily challenge modifier)
- Toxic (Daily challenge modifier)
There is a breeding timer in the Settings that will show the current time required for Trimps to breed back to 100% after sending out a group of soldiers to fight. With enough Geneticists, one can stretch the breed timer to very large times (even infinity), but this is not recommended since one only needs a breed timer of 30 seconds for maximum Anticipation stacks.